Buttercup Bracelet

>> Thursday, April 26, 2012

I spent some quality time scrapbooking and catching up with some out of town friends last month and during their visit, they shared with me a few goodies they picked up at a few local craft stores in the area. It's always fun to take a break from creating layouts to making cards or altered projects. So, I was excited when they shared with me this metal bracelet where you can add your own papers or even photos to decorate and wear.

If you are looking for a gift for the special mother in your life, then this is the perfect project for you!

Currently, my favorite colors are grey, yellow and touches of blues. I can wear it with any wardrobe and it's fun! Here is a simple tutorial to show you how easy it is to make pretty and simple jewelry using scrapbook paper.

As you can see, I used the Buttercup 6x6 Tiny Tablet papers and a border punch that had the perfect size circles to fit within the bracelet, which are approximately 1 1/4" in diameter.


Punch out a variety of prints to add to the bracelet.

Add a little adhesive to each circle inset of the bracelet and use tweezers to adhere circles.

Use diamond glaze or any adhesive that dries clear.

A sewing needle is perfect to rid of those air bubbles.

I used a lot of clear adhesive to add a little dimension to each circle. Let dry completely!

Voila! You have a perfectly simple bracelet that would make for an adorable Mother's Day gift for that special person in your life. To make more personal, consider using the ABC Cardstock Stickers to spell out name or monogram or use Clear Stamps for added texture to the simple bracelet design.
ETA: The bracelet was purchased at Hobby Lobby, but I am sure you can find one similar at Michael's or AC Moore.

Lily Bee Supples:
Buttercup: 6x6 Tiny Tablet


11 comments:

Danielle Flanders April 26, 2012 at 5:47 AM  

Love this, Cindy! I want one! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek April 26, 2012 at 6:36 AM  

What a GREAT idea! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!!

Patricia Roebuck April 26, 2012 at 9:17 AM  

Oh my! I have to make one now! Gorgeous, and I love the colors you selected as well.

Anonymous,  April 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM  

lovely! great idea!

Unknown April 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM  

This is amazing, Cindy! It's beautiful. Totally something I'd wear. Hint... hint... ;)

Anonymous,  April 26, 2012 at 4:50 PM  

so awesome!!!

Tracey April 26, 2012 at 5:03 PM  

This is incredible!! I love this!!!

Unknown April 27, 2012 at 11:30 AM  

thanks so much everyone :) xo

LauraLee May 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM  

Love it and the colors you used!!

Designer Bracelets October 31, 2012 at 12:17 AM  

This lovely single string pearl bracelet has subtly different iridescences from one 8mm pearl to the next, available in dark or light opalescence. The small carved buttercup charm at the fastener can be finished with bright 18 carat gold inside the flower or in rich oxidised blue grey.

Post a Comment