Guest Designer: Melissa Elsner

>> Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Monday, dear friends! Today, we are lucky to have Melissa Elsner guest designing for us. Melissa is an amazing scrapbooker and a champion of Lily Bee Design. She regularly contributes to our Facebook page with her fab projects.


I asked her to tell us a little about herself:

Hello! My name is Melissa Elsner and I hail from the beautiful Pacific Northwest. When I'm not working at my day job as a toddler teacher, I am usually having coffee with friends (it's what us west coast folks do quite often and quite well), shopping, walking through art galleries, traveling and, of course, scrapbooking. I've been doing paper crafts in some shape or form since the early 2000's. I can't remember the exact year but the turning point was when I took a class at my, now closed, LSS. (Pause for moment of silence as we remember my closed LSS.) 

So I began to fervently make cards.  Then, during a therapy session, my counselor suggested I use scrapbooking to journal about things. I hate writing. I hate keeping a regular journal. So I tried it and haven't turned back. Most of my layouts are about me and my inner thoughts, struggles, triumphs and such. And I still make cards! :) 

I have had the complete honor to work with some amazing folks in this industry. People who know how I scrap and support it! I've been published in Paper Crafts and ScrapStreet.com as well as having projects featured here and there. I am also working on finishing my first online class, which is really exciting!

And her gorgeous layouts...
 



Come back tomorrow to check out Melissa's studio space and learn how she organizes her supplies (and what her superhero powers and favorite snacks are — that's the really important stuff!)

13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek March 26, 2012 at 6:39 AM  

I love Melissa and I loveeeeeeee her work!! These lo's are just GORGEOUS!! Can't wait to see her next post!!! Congrats Melissa on being LB's GDT!!

Anonymous,  March 26, 2012 at 7:44 AM  

so fun to see her here!!! Love this!!!

Melissa March 26, 2012 at 9:28 AM  

Thank you everyone! A complete honor to be here! :)

Stacey Michaud March 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM  

gorgeous girl...love them! You rock and I am so happy to see your stuff on the blog as a GDT girl!

Paige March 26, 2012 at 9:46 PM  

Awesome job Melissa! Congrats!!

Unknown March 27, 2012 at 5:08 AM  

Fabulous layouts Melissa!!!!

Shari Thurman March 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM  

Great job Melissa! Congrats on being the Guest team member! I loved seeing your scrap space too:)

Martine March 27, 2012 at 9:27 PM  

those are wonderful LOs! congrats Melissa!

Rachel March 28, 2012 at 2:11 PM  

Beautiful Melissa! Congrats and fab job as always!

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) March 29, 2012 at 8:40 PM  

Melissa is the best! She does amazing work!

Post a Comment