A card based on this months sketch...

>> Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hey there, this is Lisa Day!

I love using a good sketch to put together a quick card. Sometimes I struggle with making cards because I get stuck on the design. But, when I start with a sketch it takes away the thinking part of the card and I can just play!

I used the awesome new Handmade line to make this card so my kids can send their Great Grandma a card in Florida and tell her to hurry home!


A tip to helping a card not feel too flat without adding a lot of bulky dimension is to doodle. I doodled on all of the elements and even doodled the 'we miss you' sentiment. I love the whimsical feel it adds to the card. It felt really flat before I did this and now it pops!


I'm loving the Bag of Bits that are in the new collections!! Aren't they just yummy!


I used the beautiful sketch by Katja to create my card. Don't forget to use the sketch and enter to win some yummy Lily Bee products.

And here is the fine print for the challenge:
1) Use at least two Lily Bee products (any two).
2) Post your layout on our Facebook page (please include the title Lily Bee Sketch Challenge #5)
3) -OR- include a link to your project in the comments of this post. Please do one or the other, not both.
3) The deadline is Wednesday February 29th, 9PM EDT. We'll randomly pick one winner to receive some delicious Lily Bee products!

Tiny Tablet - Handmade
Index Journaling Cards - Handmade
Bag of Bits - Handmade
ABC Stickers - Handmade

5 comments:

Unknown February 22, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

That is such a cute card, Lisa! I always forget that I can use a layout sketch to do cards. Thank you!

Rebecca W,  February 22, 2012 at 1:38 PM  

Great card and great use of bits!

Julie Tucker-Wolek February 22, 2012 at 8:06 PM  

This is BEAUTIFUL Lisa! I loveeeeee all the doodles!

Katja Schneider February 24, 2012 at 12:48 AM  

Great to see the sketch on a card! Love the doodling!

Post a Comment