Day 12: Holiday Place Cards

>> Monday, December 12, 2011

Hey there! Hope you having a great time with our Holiday Countdown. Looking at these gorgeous projects has gotten me in a very holiday-y mood. And I'm usually grinchy until right before Christmas. :)

When I host a more, formal sit down dinner (I'm using formal very loosely here. I haven't been formal since high school prom, and that was eons ago!) I like to have place cards. You know the rule about not having couples sitting together, and doing a mixed boy-girl-boy-girl placement? I like that. Sorry, Couples Who Like To Sit Together! But it's just a better party if we mix it up a bit, and everyone is talking to everyone. That's when those place cards come in handy. Well, there are those people who sneak in the dining room and switch seating cards. You know who you are!

I usually just do a white card folded in half, but since it's holiday time, I decided to make a mini wreath with rolled paper. You've seen them everywhere, usually slightly bigger on a wall. The little version is really fast to make and it doesn't take a lot of paper.


What you'll need:
  • Lily Bee 6x6 mini paper pad (I used a combo of the Jingle, Memorandum, and This & That pads)
  • quick-drying wet glue
  • pop up dots
  • two-inch circle punch (mine is scalloped)
  • 1.5-inch circle punch
  • tree punch (or other shape)
  • stamping ink
  • pen
  • glitter
  • paper cutter
  • scissors

How to:
  1. Cut 4 sheets of the mini pad into quarters (the squares will be 3"x3").
  2. Roll each piece into a cone and glue the edge to hold its shape.
  3. Cut a 4" circle (it doesn't have to be perfect) to use as a base. Cover it with glue and start to stick the cones to it.
  4. Punch one 2" circle and one 1.5" circle. Glitter the edges. Punch a tree shape, add an initial or name, ink edges, layer with pop up dots. Stick it to the center of the wreath.
  5. Add glue to the edge of each cone and sprinkle lots of glitter.
  6. You are done!

By the way, I never ever use glitter on my projects. But this was way fun! Never mind my entire work area is covered, and my kids went to school today covered in shiny sparkley bits. I'm calling it holiday spirit.

Thanks for stopping by today! See you tomorrow for another holiday project!

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek December 12, 2011 at 4:56 AM  

This is such a FUN idea!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee it!! Thanks for the tutorial too!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

rush December 12, 2011 at 4:59 AM  

nice project. thank you for sharing.

Melissa December 13, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Love this idea! I'd save mine and turn it into a tree ornament. :)

Post a Comment