Lots of Layers!

>> Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I love layering elements on my pages for the depth and detail it lends. From cardstock to patterned paper to stickers to embellishments, a layout doesn't feel finished to me unless I've got lots of layers!

One of my favorite qualities about the Lily Bee paper designs is how easy it is to layer them together in a design.  On this page, I used almost all of the papers in the Memorandum line, layered together to make a dimensional grid on the lower half of the layout:

Grand Lake by Lisa Dickinson
Lily Bee Supplies:
Memorandum Patterned Papers:
Lemon, Boardroom, 9 to 5, Grapefruit, Time Clock,  Office Blue, Whiteboard, Cubicle, Payday


My base layer of Lemon patterned paper is topped with punched scalloped circles and then layered with punched butterflies, buttons, stitching, labels, or journal strips.  I love the texture and detail the little circles add to the page, without competing with my focal photo.

So try layering some of the Lily Bee papers on your next page - we'd love to see what you create!



5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek November 8, 2011 at 5:29 AM  

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos and love love love the butterflies and scalloped circles! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown November 8, 2011 at 9:44 AM  

So pretty! And my favorite butterfly punch!

Sara November 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM  

This is fabulous! Love it!

Post a Comment