Fall Football Saturdays

>> Saturday, October 22, 2011

Today was our last football game of the season. We've spent the last 6 or so Saturdays at the football field watching my son play tackle football and my daughter cheer for flag football. I thought it would be fun to celebrate and honor the season with a quick layout.

To us fall = football. I love it! And the Lily Bee Harvest Market collection is the perfect fall collection!


I started my design around wanting to use the flags from the cardstock stickers on my layout to separate the two pictures. I placed my pictures on a smaller piece of paper and then layered the flags back and forth. Then I added a couple small strips of paper over the seam of the two columns and sewed some swervey (yes that's a word...the dictionary is wrong!) lines to tie them together.


Then I layered some of the index journaling cards, some cardstock stickers and some papers from the tiny tablet behind my pictures before adhering it to the page.


Then I sewed some more swervey (see there's that word again!) lines around the outside of the layout.


I punched out 3 maple leaves to use as a base for my title and my journaling. And hand cut out a banner to offset the light color of the word "Saturdays"


I hope you've all been enjoying this fabulous fall season as much as we have!!

Lily Bee supplies:

Patterned Paper:
Peach Crisp - Harvest Market

Black Licorice - Harvest Market
Squash - Harvest Market
Hayride - Harvest Market

Mixed Cardstock Stickers:
Harvest Market

ABC Stickers:
Harvest Market


Journaling Cards:
Harvest Market

Other:

Punch, vintage typewriter, sewing machine

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek October 23, 2011 at 10:08 AM  

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you used the banner triangles and the leaves too! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown October 23, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

So cute! Love how you used those banners too. And that border sewing is pretty fab!

Celeste B. October 24, 2011 at 10:43 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment