Patterns + Punches

>> Friday, September 16, 2011

I adore using lots of the Lily Bee patterned papers on my layouts. There are so many yummy patterns - stripes, polka dots, florals, damasks - that I can never choose between them all.  And when I find myself trying to incorporate lots of patterns on a page, I always turn to my shape punches. They are the perfect way to add small (but plentiful) bits of color and pattern to a layout.

Lily Bee Supplies used:
Harvest Market patterned papers: Peach Crisp, Squash, Turtleneck, Hayride, Pumpkin
ABC Stickers

On this fall page, I used five of the Harvest Market patterned papers (and their B-sides as well!) by punching out two sizes of circles and arranging them into three groupings on my page.  You could use just about any shaped punch - ovals, hearts, stars, scalloped squares would all work well.  I added a grid of machine stitching to each group, just to unify them and make the circles look "connected."

I love all the rich colors and patterns on this neutral kraft background and they complement my pumpkin patch photos just perfectly!

And once you've completed your page, you can use any extra pieces to whip up a quick card:
So the next time you feel overwhelmed by patterns - just give them a punch! ;) Happy Scrapping!










8 comments:

Unknown September 16, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

These are fab, Lisa! So much visual impact. Thanks for the tips. You know I'll be doing something like this. :)

nancy September 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM  

Lisa, this is so pretty! What I love about your designs is that you fit in lots of color & pattern, but it's never busy. Very inspiring!

Rebecca Kettner September 16, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

I always love your use of circles! Cute page!

Jenni September 17, 2011 at 7:14 AM  

i am a huge fan of this layout- love how you stitched a grid over a grid!! ahh! genius!!

angie gutshall September 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM  

That layout is fabulous!! Love the design!

Katja Schneider September 17, 2011 at 7:37 PM  

Great design! Love all the circles and rich colors!

doral real estate September 19, 2011 at 2:05 AM  

These are fab, Lisa! So much visual impact. Thanks for the tips. You know I'll be doing something like this

Post a Comment