Inspired by Legos

>> Monday, September 26, 2011

A few weeks ago, I took my son and his cousin to the new Lego Store in our city. I was completely amazed at all the displays and inspiration I found in the store. I also came to the conclusion that the Lego Store really is just the Apple Store for kids. :)

There was one display behind the register that I found completely inspiring-- so much so, that I used it in this layout, AND as the design inspiration.

Lily Bee Supplies Used:
Memorandum 6x6 Tiny Tablet
Memorandum Index Journaling Cards
Memorandum Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Memorandum Papers- Whiteboard, Boardroom, 9 to 5, Timeclock


Here's a closer look at the photo/display I used as my inspiration:


To create this layout, I trimmed 20 2 inch squares from kraft paper, and used a 1 1/4" circle punch to punch the center of the square. I backed each square with assorted papers from the Memorandum 6x6 Tiny Tablet.

I added various layers with different papers from the Memorandum collection to complete the layout.

I decided to use this design and create a card. I used a hole-punch and circle punch and punched random holes in a piece of kraft cardstock, and backed the cardstock with paper from the Memorandum collection. It's not as "orderly" as the design in the layout, but it's the same basic concept.

Lily Bee Supplies Used:
Memorandum 6x6 Tiny Tablet
Memorandum Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Memorandum Mixed Index Journaling Cards

Here's a closer look at the card.


I hope this inspires you to consider unexpected sources for design inspiration! Thanks for stopping by today!

6 comments:

Lisa Dickinson September 26, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

i so want to try both of these punching techniques - these are awesome!

Unknown September 26, 2011 at 10:44 AM  

So FAB! I'm with Lisa. Going to try this.

Katja Schneider September 27, 2011 at 2:00 AM  

This is fabulous Jenni! Love them both!

Unknown September 27, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

These are amazing Jenni!!!! Love them!

Jean Franks Beck September 27, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

Fabulous layout - love your design inspiration!!

Post a Comment