Looking Back & Looking Ahead

>> Thursday, August 11, 2011

August is such a transitional month for my family, as the school year begins and we head into a new routine. I always find that it's a bittersweet time-- I am sad to say goodbye to summer, yet at the same time by late August I am ready for a more structured routine!

I thought this month would be the perfect time to document my feelings about our summer (more specifically that special time I have with my kids), and also to get excited for what's ahead- fall!

In this layout, "Ode to Summer" I punched many different circles and layered them across the page with one of my favorite photos from the summer. I also used a hole-punch to punch small "confetti" to sprinkle across the page.

Lily Bee Supplies used:
Memorandum: Mixed Cardstock Stickers
This & That: Pretty Fabric, Brooch, Milk Bottle, Lin
ens, Post Card, Tea Cup, ABC Stickers
Hello Sunshine: Blueberry Pie, Chipboard Stickers.



For this "fall themed" layout I decided to pull out a few photos from Halloween last year that I have not had the chance to scrap. I used the fabulous Harvest Market Index Journaling Cards and paired it with some papers from the Christmas Town Collection, and Stationery papers in order to create a festive (yet non-traditional in the color scheme) Halloween layout.


Lily Bee Supplies Used:
Harvest Market: Index Journaling Cards, Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Stationery: Tomato, Mushroom, Butter
Christmas Town: Sleigh Ride
Catching Fall: 12x12 Rub-Ons


I hope you are having a wonderful August and you are finding time to look back and look ahead, and document your favorite memories.

5 comments:

ScrapMomOf2 August 11, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Gorgeous! I love the summer layout!!

nancy August 11, 2011 at 12:32 PM  

Love the movement on the first layout... great composition. And I love the huge photo on the second layout... very inspiring!

Unknown August 11, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Such amazing layouts, Jenni! So inspiring!

Ann August 13, 2011 at 8:29 PM  

I love the first layout with all the circles.

Post a Comment