Finding Inspiration

>> Thursday, August 18, 2011

Like many of you, I am constantly on the look out for inspiration. Usually I look outside of the scrapbooking world of creativity. But lately, I have been finding all sorts of inspiration through fellow scrapbook designers.

During a webinar interview last month, two of the designers used butterflies on their pages. I haven't used butterflies in a long time. I felt compelled to use my new punches & get creating. One of the designers stated using one tool or shape on a page is a good way to keep creating simple & less overwhelming. As I am always using more than one punch or shape on a page, usually, I loved the idea of keeping it simple.

Here is a simple card I created, 'Seize the Day', using layers of butterflies showcasing the Memorandum Collection. You can never go wrong using text background on any project & adding a splash of bright colors.


To continue with my keeping it simple plan, I created this layout, 'Sandy Legs', using the same butterfly.


Instead of layering the shapes in different colors, I added pop dots to some of the butterflies & created a tone-on-tone look on my page with the embellishments.

Lily Bee Supplies: (Seize the Day card)
Memorandum Whiteboard
Memorandum Grapefruit
Memorandum Lemon
Jingle Merry and Bright
Picket Fence Acrylic Stamps


Lily Bee Supplies: (Sandy Legs layout)
Memorandum Whiteboard
Memorandum Office Blue
Picket Fence Acrylic Stamps
Memorandum Index Journaling Cards
Lovely Chipboard Stickers






5 comments:

Katja Schneider August 19, 2011 at 5:13 AM  

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm partial to butterflies:)

Lisa Dickinson August 19, 2011 at 10:14 AM  

so pretty cindy! I'll never get over my addiction to butterflies!

Unknown August 22, 2011 at 12:24 PM  

These are gorgeous, Cindy!

Anonymous,  October 8, 2011 at 1:10 AM  

Great job!!Very inspirational. Hope that you keep doing these books as they are fab!!!
custom credit cards

Post a Comment