Sweet Summer

>> Wednesday, July 20, 2011

One of the things I love about summer is watching my kids enjoy the simple sweetness that I once endured as a child. You can never go wrong with smores, whether it's by a campfire, the charcoal grill or even by the stove top. Smores is one of the best treats one can never get enough of...well, besides ice cream.


I just love the photos of my daughter enjoying smores for the first time. We got a kick out of watching her enjoy the sweet sticky treat for sure & she truly wasn't ashamed of having the chocolate melt around her mouth & fingers in every bite.

I wanted to do something different with the title, by using some white letter stickers to blend in with the background, so the tiny alpha stickers would pop. I love how small & versatile they are. I also used lots of This & That 6x6 papers for a punch of color. I machine stitched a series of hearts for added dimension & to continue the title & embellished it with chipboard accents.

Hope you are enjoying your summer with lots of sweetness. Cheers!

Lily Bee supplies:
This and That 6x6 Paper Pad
Christmas Town Chipboard Elements
This and That Alpha Stickers





5 comments:

Tracey July 20, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

I love this layout!! So fabulous!! The title is amazing!!

LisaDay July 20, 2011 at 12:48 PM  

Love this layout Cindy! It's beautiful!

Katja July 20, 2011 at 7:20 PM  

The photos are adorable! Love the stripes too...the colors really pop against the photos.

Unknown July 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM  

Love the layout! The white title is awesome. Looks so sharp.

Zarah July 22, 2011 at 12:54 AM  

Lovely! Loving the white-on-white with pops of colour! :D

Post a Comment