Cards for boys

>> Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a six year old son, so as a consequence I have a regular need for cards suitable for boys. Whilst I find it much easier (and more fun!) to make girly style cards, I refuse to buy cards so I need to make sure that I always have a stash of boy suitable cards handy.

With that in mind, I put together this simple set of cards using the Picket Fence range - just perfect for cards for boys.

I used one sheet of red cardstock as the base for all three cards and then simply layers pieces of patterned paper from the Picket Fence range with an inked shipping tag tied with twine and a button. The sentiments are quickly put together using the ABC Stickers (which I LOVE!).

Here is a photo of each card ...

Lily Bee supplies:
Picket Fence patterned paper: Seize the Day, Al Fresco
Picket Fence ABC Stickers


Cheers

4 comments:

nancy June 2, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

Great boy cards! I always struggle with these, because I want to "pretty" them up. :)Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown June 2, 2011 at 3:17 PM  

So true! Cards do lean towards girly. Love these! Thanks for sharing.

Barb June 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

I love these simple designs. Great job, Kim!

Katie June 4, 2011 at 2:45 PM  

Love these cards! Such a great idea for anyone or any occasion! Great work. Thank you for sharing!

Katie

Post a Comment