A Play on Rub-ons...

>> Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ok I admit it... I loooove rub-ons. I hoard it. I have terrible handwriting and using rub-ons (specially text type) for journaling makes my life oh so easier. But then, I am always left with scraps of rub-ons and phrases that don't work for my layouts. What to do?? I thought of using my scraps to add texture to hand-made embellishments (again from scraps) and I loved the result! Here, let me show you how...

1. Select and cut out the rub-ons (text) that you probably won't be using in the near future. It would be nice if you can select different font types and colors.



2. Rub it over your paper scraps. Combine different texts and colors in one piece of paper.


3. Run your paper scraps (embellished with your rub-ons) on your die-cutting machine or paper shapers to create embellishments like tags for example...


Paint a thin layer of gesso or acrylic paint over the text to help blend it with your papers...


You can also paint over your patterned papers before applying the rub-ons if you want it to stand out more like how I did here for my title..


Use your tags as embellishments for your next layout. Here is an example... all papers from scraps. Who would have thought you can have so much fun with scraps??! I did! Hope you can try this out too.


Thanks for your visit today!

10 comments:

georgia keays March 16, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

what an awesome idea! i have so many rub ons i don't think i'll ever use, i'll definitely be giving this one a go :-)

Unknown March 16, 2011 at 8:57 AM  

Just adore those tags Iris! Stunning!

angie gutshall March 16, 2011 at 10:03 AM  

This is so cute and colorful! Love the tags :)

Jenni March 16, 2011 at 10:11 AM  

i ADORE this, iris!!!!

Jodi March 16, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

What an awesome idea!!! THanks for sharing!!!

LisaDay March 16, 2011 at 12:01 PM  

You blow me away every single time. AMAZING Iris!

nancy March 16, 2011 at 12:43 PM  

What an original idea! Thanks for sharing it!

Unknown March 16, 2011 at 1:11 PM  

It's beautiful Iris! So creative.

Anonymous,  March 16, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

gorgeous... and what a clever Idea :)
//Katarina

my paper love studio March 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM  

what a great way to use up those rub-ons. thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment