Going in Circles

>> Thursday, February 24, 2011

Anyone else feel like they are going in circles these days? I keep thinking life will slow down but it just doesn't seem to.

While I really don't like going in circles in my daily life, I love using circles in design. They are so fun! Who says it's hip to be square?! I think circular is where it's at.

I've been having lots of fun with circles so today I have two circle themed card designs to share with you. If you like sketches, I've included those too for you to have some fun with.

The first card is a grid of circles. I love my circle punches and this is a great way to combine lots of fun Lily Bee design prints and patterns together and have the project look cohesive. By the way, did you see yesterday's Punches Challenge? So fun!


Lily Bee Products Used:
Happily Lost Pattern Paper: Sun Soaked, Hammock, Amazing Views, Villa, Stroll


I could just eat up this Happily Lost line with a spoon. The colors and prints are sooo gorgeous. Below you'll find the sketch for this design.While I was in the circle mood, I decided to create a fun circular shaped card. This one is created with the new Picket Fence line and some circle dies. So fresh and pretty for Spring!



Lily Bee Products Used:
Picket Fence Pattern Paper: Porch Swing, Fresh Air, Veranda, Al Fresco


How about another sketch to get you creating?


Are you going in circles? Spin it into a good thing with some fun circular designs.

Happy creating!

7 comments:

LisaDay February 24, 2011 at 7:54 AM  

Beautiful cards Julia! I love the colors!

Unknown February 24, 2011 at 7:55 AM  

Julia, these are so lovely. And thank you for sharing the sketches. I think I'm going to keep a card sketch book. I need help with cards!

Ashley Cannon Newell February 24, 2011 at 8:22 AM  

Wonderful card designs! The patterned papers are showcased so well. Love those patterns!

LauraB February 24, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

great job. got here from your blog!
-one happy follower!

Anonymous,  February 25, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

love all the circle action, super Julia :)

Post a Comment