Snow Day!!

>> Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Like much of the United States, the Mid-West is expecting lots of snow today and through the rest of the week.

I just love snow days and the opportunity to take a few photos of my kids playing in a winter wonderland. And what is just as fun is scrapping these photos!!


I used FIVE different Lily Bee Collections to create this layout ( Domestic Bliss, Lovely, Hello Sunshine, French Couture, and Three Little Birds). Don't you just love how Lily Bee's collections are very distinct, yet mix and match very well!?? Paired with a simple circle punch, I was able to create a bright, cheery, colorful layout against white cardstock.

As I contemplated the journaling portion of this layout, I was originally going to write about how much my daughter enjoyed playing in the snow. However, I was inspired by Lily Bee's Three Little Birds "Laugh" Rub-Ons to focus and journal on a few of her attributes that I love (her laughter and joy). Although the journaling is short and sweet, I love this layout so much more now that I focused on HER rather than only the situation or her surroundings.

Regardless if you are experiencing snow or sunshine today, be sure to get out and take some photos-- and pair them with some Lily Bee!!

11 comments:

MichelleB January 11, 2011 at 4:41 AM  

This is just beautiful! I love how you mixed old and new and how they look lovely together!

beckyjune January 11, 2011 at 4:55 AM  

So cute and I love how you were able to mix so many different collections!

Anonymous,  January 11, 2011 at 6:29 AM  

Totally planning on lifting this - beautiful work!

LisaDay January 11, 2011 at 1:34 PM  

I absolutely love the combination of colors here. So fresh and bright!

Unknown January 11, 2011 at 3:41 PM  

This is so cute! Wish it was snowing here. :) Well, it's supposed to. So where is it!

Amy Heller January 11, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

Oh, Jenni!! I LOVE this layout!!

Jill January 11, 2011 at 7:50 PM  

I so love the bright colors on this layout!

Lisa C. January 12, 2011 at 7:37 AM  

Wow - I love this layout!! The colors of all the lines blend so beautifully!

Post a Comment