Ode to the Red Cup

>> Thursday, November 4, 2010

Halloween has come and gone, and it seems that bits and pieces of the "holiday season" are trickling into stores everywhere.

I have to say my favorite November tradition is the introduction of the Starbucks Red Cup. Did you notice they are now available?? It's a small thing, but I get excited each year about this little red cup. It's serves as a reminder to me that the holidays are just around the corner.

I saved an extra cup from last year and decided to make a page about this fun little tradition.


Lily Bee's Christmas Town Collection was perfect for creating this layout. One of my favorite things about Christmas Town is the turquoise color that can be seen throughout the collection. It adds such a fun element to the traditional Christmas colors.


I used a little heart punch to create a mini-collage of steam coming out of the cup. The Stickpins reminded me of the little green stirrers.


As Thanksgiving and Christmas approaches, keep an eye out for your favorite tangible traditions, and incorporate them into your layouts!

11 comments:

MichelleB November 4, 2010 at 4:16 AM  

Love this idea! Gorgeous page and nice documentation of one of those little things that just makes you happy. :)

Dri Noleto November 4, 2010 at 5:46 AM  

What a lovely lo!!
The idea is simply fantastic.
Thank you for sharing it!!

Brenda Hurd November 4, 2010 at 9:27 AM  

how freakin cute is this idea. LOVE it!!

Lori Gentile November 4, 2010 at 10:07 AM  

LOVE THIS! You totally rock. I'm so doing a layout about this!

Anonymous,  November 4, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Love how you call it a tangible tradition... beautiful LO and really sparks some ideas for my December Daily - thank you.

nancy November 4, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

This is absolutely adorable! So inspiring!

Nitasha November 4, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

Love this LO! Simply gorgeous!

Ronda Palazzari November 5, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

I didn't even have to look at the rest of the blog to know who this was!!!! Totally Love it Jenni!

JJ Sobey November 7, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

as a Starbucks junkie, this grabbed my attention right away. Love the design - just perfect!

Post a Comment