Inspired by color

>> Saturday, November 6, 2010


The leaves have all changed around here in Colorado.  I love the colors at this time of year.  And Kristen has captured them beautifully in Catching Fall.  What i love about this collection is the blues.  Yes that's right i said the blues.  Often the first thing we see during autumn  are the orange, red, and yellow leaves.  But for me its not only about those colors but how blue the sky looks with them.  So i was tickled pink blue that she included that color into this collection. 

You may have notice my repeats of that blue.  I added a stripe of Cashmere Sweater to the side of the layout.  I stamped a doily in blue on the tag i added.  I used blue letters in combination with the Lilybee rub-ons for my title. 

I added the blue to the line up of stickers and made it the center of the little banner.

I even used the blue chipboard button.  Here's a little tip...i used a brown marker to draw on the stitches for these chipboard buttons.

So when you are drawn to a color in a collection, find subtle ways to highlight that color.  Repetition is usually the key!

Lots of Love,

4 comments:

MichelleB November 6, 2010 at 5:27 AM  

Love how you used the film strip! Great page!

Jenni November 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM  

so beautiful! i love the the filmstrip too. gorgeous layout

Cassie November 6, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Gorgeous!!!
I love the mix of colors!!

my paper love studio November 7, 2010 at 2:36 AM  

love this!!! especially the film strips with all the gorgeous pics.

Post a Comment