Layering It Up!

>> Thursday, October 7, 2010

I just can't get enough of the Catching Fall collection. The colors & patterns are just perfect & I love mixing them up and layering them together...gives so much texture & dimension to a layout or project. I've been truly inspired by layering shapes and patterns together, which is a nice change for me. So I mixed things up a bit!

I pleated my pattern papers together on 'My Lil Pumpkin' page. Instead of just using strips of patterns, pleating them added more interests & the texture I was looking for for. I really love the look of it & like how the mini photos are tucked, peeking out.

For my 'Swirl' layout, I wanted to play more on the monochromatic look, so my colorful photos were the main focus. I layered same pattern papers in circles to create a banner, to go along with the theme of the photos as my daughter spins around. Then I added them to the same pattern background and used chipboard letters in a similar color but different pattern. Added some kraft accents and layers of cardstock patterns using border punches.

Happy Creating!

4 comments:

Jenni October 7, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

cindy, these are gorgeous! i love how you used catching fall!

beckyjune October 7, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

LOVE these!!!

Gorgeous work, Cindy.

Post a Comment