Creating a pumpkin paper piecing from Lily Bee die cuts

>> Tuesday, October 5, 2010

This layout started out with me just playing around with one of the die cuts from the new "Catching Fall" line. I cut off the petals from the flower looking one, but left a thin border of brown.

Then I cut two rough ovals from the coordinating orange paper, along with two curved strips. I inked the edges of all, and then adhered the ovals to the back of the round piece (slightly angled). The two strips went on top of the round piece, implying the ridges on a pumpkin.

The pumpkin is finished off with a couple of strips of paper tightly wound around a pencil and then adhered as vines, and a leaf & stem attached. The final touches are a couple of stick pins & a ticket from Maya Road (who were so generous with our team this month!).

(Supplies: Catching Fall line from Lily Bee Design; Stick Pins, Ticket, and Envelope flap from Maya Road; Cardstock from Core'dinations; Doily Trim from Basic Grey; Alpha stickers from Jillibean Soup.)



9 comments:

Jocelyn October 5, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

Love this....SUPER DUPER PERFECT!!!

beckyjune October 5, 2010 at 9:17 AM  

Too cool! I have an assignment to do a Christmas paper-piecing project and this has given me some ideas.

Chris C October 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

What an awesome pumpkin!

holly* October 5, 2010 at 12:11 PM  

love the papers! and the detail on that pumpkin is super adorable!

Brenda Hurd October 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

So fabulous!! I love that pumpkin!!

ShoppingTamii October 6, 2010 at 11:40 AM  

I LOVE that pumpkin...hope you don't mind if I lift it :) My sister-in-law just took the most adorable picture of my little niece at a pumpkin patch, and this is the most awesome pumpkin to embellish the page I want to do!

Virginia October 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM  

Tamii- of course I don't mind! Go for it and link us back to your page, I would love to see it!

Post a Comment