Tag Time

>> Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Hi Everyone! For today, I thought I would share with you guys my latest addiction - tags and crepe paper! I know, its probably a trend that has already come and gone, but since the last friendship swap that I joined - I've been addicted to making these tags and also having a ball with the crepe flowers (I started with one color and now have these in about 10 different colors)!


Also I just got my box of goodies... the new collections are even more amazing in person and you definitely don't want to miss out on these!!! So grabing the Catching Fall collection and a few other things (shown below), I made these Thank You tags for a some special folks.



To make the flower, I first punch a circle piece of cardstock and applied liquid glue before taking the roll of crepe paper and slowly folding it abit before applying it down (hope that description helps - I can't think of the word to describe it at the moment). Continue with the process all around and you will need a total of two pieces for the flower.



Once that is done, glue the pieces on top of each other and trim the sides - the top layer should be trimmed smaller than the bottom one. Also the trimming helps to make it more round - if its not already. Then its onto the tags, I first decorated the tag with distress ink and mist (background) and then with the various pattern papers from the catching fall collection. And to finish off the tag, I also added the trinket leaf pins and chipboard butterfly from Maya Road.


Photobucket

Hopefully I've inspired you abit to give these tags a try (if you are not already addicted to them) but either way, we would love to see any of your creations with these collections.
Thanks for stopping by :)

Photobucket

9 comments:

Anonymous,  September 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

these are adorably CUTE Piradee!

Virginia September 21, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

These are beautiful. I'm trying those flowers TONIGHT! (And I adore shipping tags too!)

pamala September 21, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

Fun and cute tags! I love making and using tags.

LisaDay September 21, 2010 at 7:57 PM  

I love these!! Don't be surprised if I start putting these flowers on everything now! They go perfectly with catching fall!

Brenda Hurd September 21, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

these are so darn cute- i need to try those flowers!!

Pearl September 21, 2010 at 11:11 PM  

lovely to see how you put your tags together !!! now crepe paper flowers are not going to go out of style anytime soon ! lol

design wunderland September 22, 2010 at 12:58 AM  

Really nice...Love these! Definitely will try to make some.. thanks for sharing :o)

BethW September 22, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

I'm definitely inspired and I have a lot of crepe paper to try this with-thank you for the great tutorial!

Post a Comment