What Goes Around...

>> Sunday, August 22, 2010

This can be a challenging time of year for those of us
who hit our scrappy stride at the height of summer,
only to find ourselves in a time crunch once school starts again.

My solution?
Scrap only what matters.
That means focusing on the people that you love,
using the products that you love (I'm talking to YOU, Lily Bee!).

I used a bunch of my favorite "old school" Lily Bee papers on this layout.
I love these colors and patterns in a big way.

Usually I incorporate a lot of journaling on my pages,
but these photos of my daughter, taken one year apart,
already spoke volumes for me.
Thus, the title -- once around the merry-go-round,
and she's a different girl. Whoosh.

To keep at least ONE thing on this layout permanent,
I used Helmar's acid free glue to adhere the chipboard letters.
There's nothing more irritating than when you open your albums
and the letters tumble off the pages,
but now these letters will stay put.

One of the other ways you can make your summer
last just a little longer
is to scrap one of your favorite summer memories:

The warm oranges in the Lovely collection
were a perfectly complement to those monstrosities -- er, hats --
we all donned during our summertime tea party.
How could I not dress up the page with some lovely blooms,
including a few chipboard flowers
created using Lily Bee's chipboard florals and Helmar adhesive.

As you look back wistfully on summer,
know that you can also look ahead to fall with excitement,
because you know what's waiting there?
Lily Bee's new lines! Woo hoo!

6 comments:

my paper love studio August 23, 2010 at 2:15 AM  

gorgeous gorgeous and gorgeous and love that hat :)

beckyjune August 23, 2010 at 4:11 AM  

beautiful, beautiful work!

nancy August 23, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

Both pages are gorgeous... love the monotone orange!

Brenda Hurd August 24, 2010 at 1:50 PM  

wow Jill - Beautiful projects!

Christie Bryant September 7, 2010 at 11:09 PM  

Both of these layouts are INCREDIBLE! You are such a fabulous scrapbooker. I am in awe!

Post a Comment