Hello Sunshine

>> Monday, July 12, 2010


I love rainbow colors.  something so very pleasing to me to see those colors lined up.  So when i started this layout, i just grabbed my favorite butterfly punch, some lily bee scraps, and those awesome hello Sunshine rub-ons.  I just punched a variety of colors to represent the rainbow.  I placed them randomly on the page and stitched them down.  After i stitched them, i pulled up the wings to give it that pop.


Next i added the baker's twine.  Here's my little tip for you.  I just unravel it & let it meander on the page make loops & twists.  Then i stitch it down using the same thread, making it virtually impossible to tell it is stitched.
 Hugs,

8 comments:

Lori Gentile July 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM  

Ronda, this is stunning! I love your technique!

Unknown July 12, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

Stunning! I just love this layout!

my paper love studio July 12, 2010 at 7:02 PM  

absolutely gorgeous ronda... feels as thou i'm fluttering with all the butterflies and thanks for sharing the technique. off to give it a try :)

beckyjune July 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

That looks so cool! Thanks for the tip!

Angela W July 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Gorgeous! I love all of the color and the tip about the twine!

Post a Comment