Hanging Onto Summer

>> Thursday, July 29, 2010

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Lily Bee lines. Gorgeous. Gorgeous. Gorgeous.

But while I wait, I also have to say, yay for another month of summer!

I love summer and in my corner of the world it's always way too short. My family and I are planning to wring each beautiful drop of summer sunshine that we can. We've been spending beautiful lazy days at the beach swimming and playing and just having fun.

The Hello Sunshine line is perfect for all those sunny and warm photos.



Lately I've been playing around with paint and all the fun things you can do with it. I love how it can alter the look of your papers and embellishments.


The {hello sunshine} layout uses all patterned paper (my addiction) and no cardstock. A little paint right over the patterned paper base makes a great space to anchor the design and also journal on. I would have been difficult to journal right on the bright and fun yellow paper but adding some white paint tones it down and lets you write right over it. It's a fun look, especially if you keep the paint application light and can see the print through the painted layer. Because the paper has a faint grid on it, I didn't even have to draw lines for my journaling.


Another quick idea that's worth being reminded of is cutting out designs from patterned paper and using them as embellishments. Easy and wonderfully cost effective while always matching the paper you're working with. The Hellmar Zapdots work perfectly for adding dimension under the handcut flowers.


Join me in making and scrapping those wonderful summer memories. Enjoy the sunshine...

7 comments:

Amy July 29, 2010 at 8:38 AM  

this is incredible... love what you did with the paint

Jessica July 29, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Beautiful!! Love the colors! TFS!

Jill July 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM  

This layout makes me HAPPY! It's so bright and cheery, and don't even get me started on the amazing details.

Debbie July 29, 2010 at 3:33 PM  

Love this layout! Yellow is such a happy color!

Olivia July 29, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Lovely bright layout :)

nadine July 30, 2010 at 8:49 AM  

awe inspiring layout. I love all the bright colors of the sunshine collection. I haven't used paint on a layout before, will definately be stealing that idea :o)

Post a Comment