Ad Inspiration

>> Thursday, July 8, 2010

Good morning everyone! So who else is checking back several times a day to check out the sneaks for the new lines? I'm sure I'm not the only one! The little clues so far are amazing! Congrats to the winners of the new lines...those riddles had me completely stumped!

I thought for today it would be fun to share a layout that was inspired completely by a J.Crew ad! The things I liked most about this ad were the grouping of the 6 photos and the cute little arrow drawing your attention to them.

I created this 12x12 sketch based on the ad. The photos I used were sized to 2.5 x 4 with a white border.

Which resulted in this layout highlighting the many sides of my son! I don't use ad's for inspiration very often. I think I'll have to try it more often. How about you?


7 comments:

Jill July 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

What a great idea! I love those circles at the top.

Lori Gentile July 8, 2010 at 4:38 PM  

This is wonderful, Lisa. I love the sketch with it!

Heather July 8, 2010 at 8:31 PM  

Love this sketch! Thanks for sharing it.

AllyW July 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM  

Love the sketch and layout based on that add!!

jillybean66 July 11, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

I just loved seeing how you took and ad, made it into a sketch and then a beautiful layout....totally awesome!

Post a Comment