Inspiration

>> Thursday, June 24, 2010

If your any thing like me - you find inspiration every where you look!!  Well that's what happened with me when i created this layout - even though the end look didn't come out the way i envisioned it - its where the inspiration came from!  I bought these cute capris for my daughter and LOVED the patchwork - i thought it would look perfect on paper.  
So the process began - i got my cardstock and a ruler and measured where i wanted the squares and lightly traced with a pencil so i knew where to cut.
Then i used my cutter making sure it was lined up evenly and i didn't over cut - i cut them all out. If your a pro with an exacto - that might be easier.
Then i cut 3 squares a little larger than my openings and glued them to the back of the cardstock.  I did distress the inside edges of the openings before doing this. 
The finished product - i ended up stitching around the squares but decided to leave of the zig zag stitching for fear it might take away from the picture and i needed a place for journaling because my picture was so large.  But i can tell you right now - i will be doing this again - with that zig zag stitch in the middle. I used the Lovely collection for this layout!
So what inspires you??  Let us know and show what you've done on a layout or other project.  Upload your layouts to the Ning gallery and they just might show up here on Friday Faves!  Thanks for your Lily Bee love and support!

Thanks

7 comments:

Lori Gentile June 24, 2010 at 1:54 PM  

Super cool, Brenda! I love it!

kristen June 24, 2010 at 2:45 PM  

Darling idea Brenda! Thanks for the step by step.

Virginia June 24, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

Cute, cute, cute! I love it!

Fabi Ormerod June 25, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

Great layout!!! I loved it XX

Jill June 26, 2010 at 8:43 PM  

This is such a lovely (so to speak) and heartwarming page, Brenda! LOVE the stitching.

Post a Comment