Monday Motivator

>> Monday, October 19, 2009

Happy Monday!

Monday is one of the busiest days of the week, and it can be a challenge to find time to get your scrap on in the midst of accomplishing a sizable "to do" list. No worries -- today's post is all about quick and easy ways to use Lily Bee's Audrey line. Both of the pages featured today use Audrey Fashion Frames and Audrey "Classy" patterned paper in some way:


Layout #1: "Our Girls"
"Our Girls" came together in just over 30 minutes. I began by prepping my cardstock, misting over the negative spaces from the Audrey Fashion Frames. I also lightly misted the large flower with cream-colored mist, and went over the little flower with blue stamping ink. Within minutes, the cardstock was dry, and I began to work on the page itself.

Much of my Audrey stash has been reduced to little scraps, but even those scraps are precious. They became the basis of the photo's "frame." I pieced together a foundation of scraps, but rather than spending time gluing each piece methodically, I just swiped each piece with a little bit of glue, drew "frames" around a few of the pieces, and then turned up the edges to add texture and dimension. To add a bit more color to the black and white paper, I used a blue watercolor pencil to fill in a few flowers, and went over them quickly with a thin brush while standing at my kitchen sink. The watercolor pencil also came in handy around the title. My sewing machine is always at the ready, so I stitched around the photo twice, to add a bit more definition to it.

Handwritten journaling always speeds along the process, as do hand-drawn lines and frames. The effect may not be as clean or precise as typewritten journaling or ruler-guided lines, but it's definitely more charming and personalized, which is what I wanted to capture on this page.

Layout #2: "Oh Brother"
"Oh Brother" was also created rather quickly, thanks in large part to the Audrey Fashion Frames that I used here. By combining three of the frames and a square piece of Audrey "Classy" paper, the page came together in no time at all. To create the "scalloped" border under the title, I cut in half the colored circles that are included in the Audrey rub-ons, and placed them alongside each other. This time around, I typed my journaling. Because finding the words was challenging for me, typing actually sped up my process, since I could compose my words and revise them prior to putting them on the page.

If you have any pages that use the Audrey line in quick and easy ways, be sure to post them on Lily Bee's Ning site. We'd love to see them! And you never know -- you just may be featured as one of our Friday Faves!

4 comments:

Stacey October 18, 2009 at 10:14 PM  

What great motivation especially for a Monday!! Those are wonderful layouts.

Brenda Hurd October 19, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

wow Jill - AMAZING layouts!!

Lori Gentile October 19, 2009 at 2:23 PM  

GORGEOUS, Jill! Love it all!

Post a Comment