a bit sketchy on a Tuesday.

>> Tuesday, October 13, 2009

good morning everyone...Nicole here.

i will confess, and this will sound odd.
i have a hard time with sketches.
weird, right?
i can't quite put my finger on why, lol...but i do.
so i decided to take on the sketch challenge today...to help me fear them a bit less maybe?!
here's the sketch we all used...from the PageMaps website...the only one i ever visit when in need of a sketch. this was for a 12x12 page...(i love that they also offer 8.5x11 sketches.)

and here are a few layouts the Design Team came up with, using the above sketch as a guideline.



Observation by Katrina Huerta


(i just love how Katrina used that bold rub-on from the Audrey line as the title for this.)




No Doubt by Jill Sprott


(seriously?! Jill set out to show that the black & white papers in the Audrey line can be adapted to use with any bold color you may have in your stash...mission accomplished...WOW!!)

My New Family by Lori Gentile


(Lori's details always catch my eye...look at those cool pleated flowers!)




Because to Her... by Nicole Harper

(i decided to make an 8.5x11 with this sketch...just eyeballed the proportions a bit. and i disassembled one of the brown tulle flowers to use as a border above my photo.)


Blow by Brenda Hurd
(love how Brenda reworked the sketch...placing the embellishments in different places, etc.)
so there you have it...5 takes on a theme.

everyone starting at the same point, but ending someplace different.

(and i've broken my fear of sketches a bit, so i'm pretty happy!!)

have a lovely week!!





1 comments:

Jill October 13, 2009 at 2:18 PM  

It's been a while since I used a sketch, and this really reminded me why once upon a time I LOVED them! I'm thinking that a return to sketchiness from time to time may be in order...:)

Post a Comment