Altered with Audrey

>> Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Is there anyone out there who likes to alter? I have to be honest and say that it is not my most favorite thing - but wow - after working with this canvas - i may be hooked. The colors in the Audrey line go perfect in my office so i was excited to get to work and create this. I started with a blank white canvas - the background colour was created with a few different colors - it came out a little bright - but after everything was put on - i was happy with the end result. I tore out some old book pages and modge podged them to the canvas and covered them with paint. I then used Maya Mist to create the paint splattered look. Click on the image to get a closer look!


So if you like to Alter - lets see what you can do with the Audrey line - I need some inspiration and a little extra push to do this more often - i had so much fun thinking outside the box - even though a canvas is a lot like a layout - i still felt like i was creating something above and beyond - something i will hang up and display in my home.

3 comments:

Jill September 23, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

Wow! This turned out beautifully, Brenda.

MelB September 23, 2009 at 11:31 AM  

Altering canvases has to be one of my fave thing to do, aside from doing los. You have done such a beautiful canvas! Love the colors and the big heart with the layering, fabulous!

Lori Gentile September 24, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Seriously, Brenda, this so ROCKS! I'm making one for me!!!

Post a Comment