Contest Reminder and a Layout

>> Monday, April 27, 2009

Hi. Lori here. I want to remind you of our wonderful first-ever contest. Who can join in the fun? Everyone, everywhere! What should I do? Make a mini book with the theme "just be me" and post a link to it on the contest post. When is it due? May 29th, 10pm MST. What can I win? Cash prizes for 1st - 3rd place and a guest design spot for 1st place. For complete details and rules, click here. We are really excited to see your entries and know we are going to be blown away!


When I was pregnant with my first, the digital SLR age was not upon me. It was out there and others were basking in it's glory, but I sadly, was not. I did not even know I could have someone come out and take maternity and newborn pictures for me. Fast forward to my second and that had all changed. I was all about getting some "pro" maternity and newborn shots. I'm so glad I did! I emailed a Photographer, Shannon Montez, and asked her to take these pictures for us. It was a wonderful experience and I'm so grateful I have these pictures because Shannon was able to capture the emotions of my oldest around his new baby brother. This is something I could have never done during this time of transition for our family. The main picture on this layout is our favorite picture because our oldest is just beaming with pride over his new brother. His face clearly shows his emotions and that makes it really meaningful to us.




I really love working with Lily Bee paper. It's so easy to use because it's so well designed. It's easy to see from all the amazing layouts/projects you guys are doing with Lily Bee, that it's not just me who feels this way. This layout I'm sharing, today, is really fast and easy to create. Here's how:

Tools needed:
Sewing Machine (or needle and thread or a pen)
Adhesive
Paper trimmer
Circle cutter
Paper edger (or scissors)

Supplies needed:
Lily Bee-

Other-
Alphabet stickers
Misc matching buttons
Brown ink
White cardstock (for journaling strips)

Step by Step:
1. Print or have printed a 5.5" x 7.5" photo (the extra half an inch is for the white border) and a collage of three 1.5" x 1.5" photos.
2. Cut three 3" circles from the polka dot side of one of the papers.
3. Use a paper edger to rough up the edges of each circle. If you don't have a paper edger you can use the inside edge of your scissors on a cutting mat.
4. Ink the edges of each circle with brown ink.
5. Cut one circle in half.
6. Sew (or draw with pen) around the edge of each circle. On the half circle only sew or draw around the curved side.
7. Adhere the larger photo on top of the postmark-edged die cut frame leaving 3" of the frame to the left side of the photo.
8. On the green side of your second paper, lay down, but do not adhere, the photo/die cut centered and 1.5" from the bottom of the page.
9. Adhere a full circle half way under the photo/die cut on the top left side about 1.5" from the left edge of the die cut.
10. Adhere a full circle under the bottom right corner of the photo.
12. Adhere your photo/die cut in place on the page.
13. Sew or draw with pen around the upper right corner of the photo.
14. Sew or draw with pen around the bottom left corner of the photo/die cut.
15. Adhere the other photo to the die cut frame leaving room between both photos for a title.
16. Adhere the title between and on top of your two photos.
17. Adhere the half circle to the right side of the page 1.25" down from the top.
18. Starting from one side, adhere 6 buttons around each circle.
19. Print journaling onto white cardstock and cut it into strips.
20. Ink the edges and adhere the strips to the upper right side of the page.

That's it!



3 comments:

Jo April 27, 2009 at 7:29 PM  

Thanks for the inspiration Lori. The photo is just amazing and your lo is gorgeous. I'm loving all of the stitching!

fyargal April 28, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

This is an ABSOLUTELY STUNNING portrait of your children!!!!! You have managed to create a rare LO...many are too little and others are too ornate...this one PERFECTLY complements this AMAZING KODAK MOMENT and still effectively conveys your creativity, emotion, etc...
it's FANTUPERFUL...I made up this word when I was teaching...
FANTastic + sUPER + wondERFUL...
thanx 4 sharing!!!
take care and God bless!!!
tia : )

Unknown April 29, 2009 at 10:07 PM  

Gorgeous page! And I LOVE those LB papers! Beautiful!

Post a Comment