Day 7 - Vintage Christmas Banner

>> Wednesday, December 7, 2011


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Have you been following all the wonderful festive projects each day here on the Lily Bee Blog? It's Julia here, with another fun and holiday project to inspire you.


I love creating banners to decorate my home and the beautiful soft and subtly distressed papers of the Jingle line inspired this vintage style holiday banner. I've strung it across a black painted dresser that I use as a sideboard for a festive look this holiday season.


I started out by creating each triangle pennant from some chipboard. Each triangle measures 4.5" across by 6" deep which is a great size for flexibility. I've used the 12x12 papers but this project will also work using the smaller scaled Tiny Tablets.

After covering each chipboard piece with patterned paper, I stitched around the edges for a little extra detail. Around the bottom edges I've adhered some ruffled lace to add to the vintage look.



To create some fun embellishments for each pennant, I've combined Jingle Index Cards and created sweet little rosettes using patterned paper and the Jingle stickers. If you're looking for greater detail, most of these photos can be clicked on to enlarge them.


After each pennant is created, punch a hole on the top corners of each triangle with a hole punch.


String each pennant together using some ribbon or hem tape.


Decorate your home with your finished banner and enjoy!

Thanks for joining me today and I hope you find joy preparing for the holiday season,






Lily Bee supplies:
Patterned Papers: Jingle - Mistletoe, Garland, Tinsel, Frost
Index Journaling Cards: Jingle
Cardstock Stickers: Jingle
ABC Stickers: Jingle

11 comments:

Jean Franks Beck December 7, 2011 at 4:44 AM  

Love this! What a gorgeous shabby chic banner - I'll have to make this one, I almost all of the ingredients. :)

Melinda T,  December 7, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

Wow, this is so gorgeous!

Anonymous,  December 7, 2011 at 7:59 AM  

That is simply stunning!

Unknown December 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

Holy cow, this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Julia!

Ryann December 7, 2011 at 11:52 AM  

Wow - gorgeous banner, Julia!

Brenda Lapp December 7, 2011 at 12:35 PM  

I love this banner. And you could change a couple of elements and leave it up way past Christmas. Thanks for sharing!

Lindy December 7, 2011 at 1:13 PM  

WOW.....very eleglant banner Julia!

Julie Tucker-Wolek December 7, 2011 at 5:05 PM  

This is sooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!! I love love love the colors, the rosettes and loveeeee the lace!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

LauraB December 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM  

thank you for sharing your sweet banner and for leading me to Lily Bee's 24 Days!

Post a Comment