Day 1 - Lucy's Christmas Memories

>> Thursday, December 1, 2011



ETA: We have a WINNER!
Congratulations, Kristin! Please email me with your mailing info, milesofpaper [at] gmail [dot] com. We'll have more giveaways coming soon!


Welcome to Day One of our 24 days holiday inspiration where we'll have something new to inspire you every day from now until Christmas. Of course it wouldn't be Christmas without presents, so we're throwing in some give aways too - starting with one today!

To get the ball rolling, I've created a memory box for my eldest daughter Lucy. Lucy really loves writing in her diary at the moment so I thought it would be nice for her to have a special place to record her holiday memories.

This was so quick and easy to make I thought I'd include some step by step instructions for you too...

To start, I made a basic origami box (you can find some easy instructions here) and reinforced it by tucking in some thick card stock before folding each side.


Then I made three memory tags, each on a different theme, using the same basic design for each.


To start, cut a piece of black card stock 5" x 4", one piece of patterned paper 4" x 2.5" and another 8" x 4". Attach the small patterned paper to the card stock and fold the longer piece in half and place an eyelet in each.


Stick the 8" x 4" paper to the tag so the fold lines up with the end of the tag to make a flap. Cut another smaller piece of patterned paper and stick it under the flap for journalling.


Use stickers, alphas and index journalling tags to embellish the inside of your tag and include a spot for a photo to be attached later.


Embellish the front of your tag by layering paper, stickers and index cards. The Jingle sticker sheet has some great titles you could use to create the topic for each tag. For this one I've used some of the banner stickers to create Christmas trees to tie into the trimming the tree theme.


Thread some string around the tag and through the eyelets, tying them together to keep the flap closed. I've attached the string to the back of my tag with masking tape and then finished it off by placing another piece of card stock over the top.


and that is one tag done! I've made two more using the same steps, one for Lucy to record the presents she receives...


and one for photos of the day itself...


[Lily Bee Products Used]

Jingle - Cranberry
Jingle - Mistletoe
Jingle - Tinsel
Jingle - Egg Nog
Jingle - ABC Stickers
Jingle - Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Jingle - Index Journalling Cards
Memorandum - 6 x 6 Mini Tablet

And for the giveaway... leave a comment on this post by Monday 4 December and we'll draw one name at random to receive a Jingle Collection Kit!


69 comments:

Kathy W,  December 1, 2011 at 5:27 AM  

Great project! Thanks for the inspiration; I love the Jingle line.

Julie Tucker-Wolek,  December 1, 2011 at 5:29 AM  

This is GORGEOUS!! What a fabulous idea!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the colors and thanks for how you put it all together!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

liberal sprinkles,  December 1, 2011 at 6:29 AM  

Gosh, this is so pretty! Love the patterns and the project.

Tracy,  December 1, 2011 at 7:15 AM  

lovely project and such a great keepsake of Christmas memories.

Anonymous,  December 1, 2011 at 7:42 AM  

Love this idea! Perfect for Christmas (:

Scattychick,  December 1, 2011 at 7:42 AM  

That's a lovely idea I have to have a go at one :) thanks for the fab giveaway too xxx

Unknown,  December 1, 2011 at 8:28 AM  

super cute & great idea Georgia :)

Miriam Prantner,  December 1, 2011 at 8:47 AM  

What a great idea for your daughter! Love it!

Ashly Margritz,  December 1, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

Love Georgia and her work!! She really does a good job with LilyBee product too :) Thanks for the chance to win.

Mel,  December 1, 2011 at 9:06 AM  

What a great idea...casing it for future reference!

Stephanie Eaken,  December 1, 2011 at 9:10 AM  

What a great project!! I love the details on the tags!

Anonymous,  December 1, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

Love this idea! Thank you for sharing!

Sherry Murphy,  December 1, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

Thanks for the inspiration! This is great!

J. Jones,  December 1, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

I love jingle and I love this project!

Rachel,  December 1, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

what a lucky daughter you have-this project is fantastic!!

Victoria ,  December 1, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

Just love this Georgia! What a lucky girl.
My little dog is named Lucy:)

Jodi Releford,  December 1, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

What a great project! Your daughter will love it. Thanks for the Inspiration!

Fleursbydesign,  December 1, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

This is so beautiful - your daughter will love writing in it :)

Lindy,  December 1, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

Gorgeous!!!! What a great idea!!!! T4S

Angela Fehr,  December 1, 2011 at 11:57 AM  

I'm tag-challenged so I am definitely bookmarking this for future inspiration!

Jingle,  December 1, 2011 at 12:16 PM  

What a wonderful project! And, well, let's face it...I have an *extra* reason for wanting this kit. Just say'n.

Anonymous,  December 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Seriously this is just gorgeous!!!

Deb,  December 1, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

Wow, these are sensational. I will be making these for sure :) Thanks for the inspiration Georgia, oh, and wouldnt the Jingle Collection be an awesome gift :)

Deb ♥

Unknown,  December 1, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

I LOVE the jinge collection, and didnt find it in time for my december daily :[ but would LOVE to make a project like this, so cute! thanks for the inspiration, so excited to see all the inspiration this month :]

MichelleGB,  December 1, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

This is gorgeous! I love how the papers/colors pop when you mount them on black! Thank you for the inspiration!

The Savvy Scrapbooker,  December 1, 2011 at 2:36 PM  

Wow! Thanks! Great idea, too. I love the little mini album/tags all kept together in a cute box! What a great idea!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown,  December 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM  

Fab project! thanks for the inspiration
daniellehigginbottom at hotmail dot com

Melinda,  December 1, 2011 at 3:33 PM  

I love the idea, thanks for sharing!

Linda,  December 1, 2011 at 3:50 PM  

What a great project for a beautiful collection!

Beatrice Lawson,  December 1, 2011 at 3:53 PM  

This so great! My son loves to get notes in his lunch and I always try to come up with new ideas - this is perfect for December.

April,  December 1, 2011 at 4:00 PM  

What a fabulous idea and a gorgeous creation!!
- April W

Unknown,  December 1, 2011 at 4:08 PM  

fabulous project - really love these papers

Marielle,  December 1, 2011 at 4:20 PM  

this project is just gorgeous !!! thanks for the inspiration Georgia !!

Unknown,  December 1, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

What a cute little memory box and your tutorial is fabulous as well! Thank you for sharing!

Laura,  December 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

What a great way to store your holiday memories!

Ryann,  December 1, 2011 at 4:56 PM  

Oh, this is so, so cute! What a wonderful idea!!

LauraLee,  December 1, 2011 at 5:26 PM  

I just love this Georgia! I am going to use it for a few gift ideas! I had been wanting to do a Dec Daily type thing but this is so much easier for me in my busy holiday schedule! Thanks so much for sharing and giving the instructions too!

Anonymous,  December 1, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

I love this project! Thanks for the chance to win!!

Kathy,  December 1, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

I love practical homemade gifts! You did a fantastic job!

Patty Del Rosa,  December 1, 2011 at 7:14 PM  

Thank you for sharing such an inspirational, functional project!

Anonymous,  December 1, 2011 at 7:16 PM  

This is such a cute idea 0 I really love it and I'm sure your daughter will too!!

Jeanne Kelly

Jean,  December 1, 2011 at 7:51 PM  

Wow - just stunning! Great inspiratioN!

Frank Garcia,  December 1, 2011 at 7:56 PM  

Awesome project! Thank You so much for the inspiration really love those beautiful tags!

Carol,  December 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM  

I love these classy, elegant projects!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Izzy Anderson,  December 1, 2011 at 8:36 PM  

That is so cute and fun and practical all in one! Love this fun project.

Cynthia Baldwin,  December 1, 2011 at 10:00 PM  

I've made those origami boxes before, but never filled with so many goodies! Fabulous gift for your daughter - I'm sure she'll treasure it and use it for her memories.

Julie Shearer,  December 1, 2011 at 11:29 PM  

What a great idea. I'm sure your daughter will love it !! Thanks for a chance to win.

Zarah,  December 2, 2011 at 12:17 AM  

WOW!! It looks like a million bucks, and still it seems doable, thanks to those fab step-by-steps. I LOOOOVE it! TFS! :D

Ann Cicilie,  December 2, 2011 at 2:58 AM  

What a cute idea :) Very clever, and it looks gorgeous. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy it!

Tracy,  December 2, 2011 at 5:32 AM  

Wow this is so gorgeous i looove everything...your daughter is going to ove adding to this and what a great keepsake to treasure!!
xxx

Kelly Massman,  December 2, 2011 at 8:10 AM  

great idea and beautiful cards!

Priya Venkat Designs,  December 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM  

What a wonderful way to record memories. And the papers are gorgeous.

julie,  December 2, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

wow what an awesome prize!! i love this line and your project is such an awesome idea!!

rush,  December 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

nice project. and the prize is nice, too. thank you for the opportunity. rush88888 at gmail dot com

Unknown,  December 2, 2011 at 6:52 PM  

Thanks so much for the inspiration and the chance to win! Have a great day!

Lynn,  December 2, 2011 at 7:47 PM  

This is a great idea! Can't wait to try it. Love that paper line.

Melissa,  December 2, 2011 at 10:37 PM  

Oh my gosh I love this! So gorgeous! I'll have to try the origami thing. Thanks for the link!

Anonymous,  December 3, 2011 at 8:25 AM  

Nice projects. If I win, I will have to copy your projects.

Jennybean,  December 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

fabulous idea, thanks for sharing!

Kristin,  December 3, 2011 at 12:05 PM  

This is SOOOO adorable! My daughter would love it, and what a great idea for a "diary". I'm glad I've been introduced to your site, I'm hooked!

Paula G,  December 3, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

I'd love to win a Jingle collection kit!

Post a Comment