Sketch Challenge #1

>> Wednesday, October 5, 2011

We've decided to mix things up here on the Lily Bee Blog and bring you some more versatility! Welcome to our first Sketch Challenge!!

Sketches are great as a starting point for a project and I have been a fan of them for a long time. You can choose to take one aspect of the sketch and develop it into something different, you can turn the sketch side ways or up side down. There are so many possibilities! Let's see what you come up with.

Sketch #1










Supplies:

Memorandum: 9 to 5 paper
Memorandum: Grapefruit paper
Memorandum: Payday paper
Memorandum: Whiteboard paper
Memorandum: Office Blue paper
Memorandum: Lemon paper
Memorandum: Index Journaling cards
Memorandum: Clear Stamps
Harvest Market: ABC Stickers
Hello Sunshine: Rub-ons

Next week you will see another take on the sketch by Kay!

So, here are the specific details for this challenge:

1) Use the Sketch as a guideline but feel free to turn it around or just adopt some elements of the sketch.
2) Use at least two Lily Bee product (any kind)

To be entered into the contest please post your layout on our Facebook page (please include the title Lily Bee Sketch Challenge #1) -OR- include a link to your project in the comments of this post.

We will announce one winner on Wednesday October 19th to receive some Lily Bee products.

Happy scrapping and leave us some comments if you like the idea of sketch challenges!

16 comments:

my paper love studio October 5, 2011 at 6:24 AM  

gorgeous layout katja and loving that sketch!!!

Cheryl October 5, 2011 at 6:29 AM  

i love the idea! i will join in! x

Unknown October 5, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

Such fun sketch and layout. That twine running around the big and little circles is genius!

Unknown October 5, 2011 at 11:24 AM  

this is a FABULOUS sketch Katja, LOVE IT!

Julie Tucker-Wolek October 5, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

Awesome sketch and loving the lo! Hope I can play along! :):):):):):)

Barb October 5, 2011 at 12:59 PM  

Just the kick in the butt I need to haul my suplies out again. Although I'm honking I should go to the LSS to buy some new Lily Bee supplies... right? That's always inspiring...

Irit Shalom October 8, 2011 at 7:03 AM  

I actaully made it! After 203 weeks of cards and altered and TV- I love your sketch and it was a push to scrap again!
So here is my page and I hope you like it as much as I like your challenge. I used about 4-5 different LB papers, banner stickers and 2 alphas here.
http://iritshalom.blogspot.com/2011/10/i-scrapped-again-after-2-3-weeks-of.html

Barb October 8, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

I LOVED the sketch and the sample layout... so much so that I scrapped for the first time in months by pretty much lifting the sample wholesale. *blush*
I posted it on my blog.
Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Unknown October 10, 2011 at 9:54 AM  

Awesome sketch! Loved it! :-D Here's my entry:

http://distressedscrapper.com/2011/10/10/there-she-goes-lily-bee-sketch-challenge/

Nicolle Kramer October 10, 2011 at 10:29 AM  

Had fun creating with this sketch!..:) Heres my take..
http://nicollelovesscrapbooking.com/?p=1432

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More October 10, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

Had fun with this sketch! I posted on facebook too! Here it is on my blog -

http://somescrapsugar.blogspot.com/2011/10/furry-and-feathered-friends.html

nico October 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

Fun sketch and inspirational exampies!
I put on the blog.Here is my take!!

http://lovenotes-kanga.blogspot.com/2011/10/lily-bee-sketch-challenge-1.html

Keely Livings October 11, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

I love sketch challenges! What a fabulous layout.

Anonymous,  October 14, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

fabulous sketch! Here's my version, posted on
my blog. I have been using up a stash of Hello Sunshine that I'd been hoarding!

~Natalie

Cynthia Baldwin October 18, 2011 at 7:57 AM  

Hope I'm not too late. Had to get a little sunlight going to take a pic. Here's my take on the sketch:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47273565@N06/6257536924/

Fun sketch! Thanks for the challenge!

Post a Comment