Polkadots and Moonbeams . . .

>> Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year everyone! I hope your year is getting off to a great start!

Polkadots and Moonbeams . . .

One thing I love about all the Lily Bee papers is that there is always at least one paper in each collection with polkadots. Polkadot patterned paper is so easy to mix with other patterns. In fact, you can mix the polkadot papers from different lines. On this layout I mixed the polkadot papers from Christmas Town and Domestic Bliss:

OUT FOR PUBLICATION

These pictures are near and dear to my heart.  They are photos of my stepfather with my daughter when she was two-years old (she's now 8).  They liked to play "Monkey See, Monkey Do."  My stepfather would walk with his arms folded and then my daughter would copy him and walk with her arms folded.  He'd move his hands behind his back and she'd move her arms behind her back, and so on and so on.  My daughter always kept a straight face, but the rest of us would crack up every time she copied his actions. My mom and stepfather loved these two pictures, so they framed them and proudly hung them on their living room wall where they've been displayed for the past 6+ years.

Sadly, my stepfather passed away a couple months ago.  As a gift to my mom, I made this layout for her and put it in a shadow box frame to go on the wall.

Have a wonderful week!

7 comments:

MichelleB January 4, 2011 at 3:56 AM  

The LO is lovely (I've got a thing for polka dots!). What a sweet gift for your mom. I'm sorry for your loss.

Anonymous,  January 4, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

SUPER cute!!

Becky Dunham January 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM  

Darling layout! I have a soft spot for polka dots myself - and for stepfathers! Mine is more of a father to me than my biological one ever was! I am so sorry for your loss - I can only imagine. I am sure your mother loves what you have done for her with this layout!

Unknown January 4, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

Stacy, the page is gorgeous. But I love it even more because you made it as a tribute to your stepdad. What a sweet gift!

Melissa January 4, 2011 at 7:44 PM  

I'm a polka dot fan too. This is such a lovely page and a wonderful memory to keep in such a beautiful way!

my paper love studio January 4, 2011 at 11:46 PM  

oooh love these, especially the color combo. super cute!!

Unknown January 5, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

Absolutely gorgeous! What a special gift.

Post a Comment