Christmas Ornaments

>> Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's almost that time...Christmas is around the corner & it's time for me to start decorating. Yes, I know it's a little early, but I can't help it. I'm ready to take down my fall decor & get ready for all the handmade Christmas decorations around the house.

I made these super easy & super fast ornaments, using three different size scallop punches. I LOVE them & love how Lily Bee's Christmas Town looks hanging from my kitchen window. So, so pretty!

I punched out seven circles for each ornament and folded them in half.

Double knotted the ends of twine to hold glass beads.

Then I adhered each scallop circle together using my tape runner and added the beaded twine while piecing ornament together.

I used masking tape to hang my pretties above my kitchen sink. It's hidden & no one will ever know. Well, anyone who enjoys this blow will know ;)

Super simple! Now I am thinking of making more & having them strung across the entire window area for fun!

Happy creating & I hope you are enjoying making handmade pretties this holiday season!

15 comments:

MichelleB November 18, 2010 at 4:34 AM  

These are just lovely! Can't wait to make some! Thank you for the tutorial!

Heather November 18, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

I actually made something similar recently for my sister's bridal shower...although I only used 4 circles. Will definitely use more circles though the next time I make them.

Brenda Hurd November 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

so cute - i just made some of these yesterday! tree shaped though.......

Nitasha November 19, 2010 at 2:13 PM  

These are cuteness....I must make some soon!!!

Jill November 20, 2010 at 8:18 PM  

I need to try these. Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous,  November 22, 2010 at 7:26 PM  

So cute! I just added this to my to-do list!

Scrap It Girl, Kimberly November 26, 2010 at 9:56 PM  

super duper cute... thanks for sharing..

susan December 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

This idea is so great...Thanks!

Carla Belyea November 25, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

I am going to try making these with some fabric circles.

DianeMargaret Miller,  December 5, 2012 at 4:18 PM  

I've seen these in all kinds of shapes but, alas, I have never made them! All of the ones I've looked at had around 3 pages of instructions!!! They just like to look like they did a lot more than they actually did, I guess!!!
I think I'll whip up a few with my Little Rā of Sunshine, now that I see how simple they really are!!! I like the trees, and the stars, and the hearts, but the houses were cute too.....
Now if I can just pick a shape! LOL
Thank you!!!

DianeMargaret Miller.....AGAIN!,  December 5, 2012 at 4:21 PM  

I've got it!!!
Bells! Only instead of the BEAD we'll use a small jingle bell.
Thank you, again!!!!

mini christmas lights April 2, 2013 at 2:52 AM  

I can do this all by myself. Thanks for the instructions.

Anonymous,  December 18, 2013 at 4:20 AM  

It is super cool

Laurie December 16, 2015 at 4:48 AM  

Your instructions are so much clearer than others I have read! I skipped the bead on most of mine, and just left the loose twine ends dangling. I love them!

Post a Comment