Using Negative Space

>> Thursday, May 20, 2010



I'm a sucker for saving packaging to use on future layouts or projects. I love the idea of creating something a little different that wasn't really meant to be used in a crafty way. Today I'd like to share with you a simple layout, Conversation with Nana, using the negative space from the leftover flower chipboard package.

I created my layout using the beautiful Lovely & Three Little Birds collections. I trimmed the pretty papers & b&w photos to size and attached them to the sticky back of the chipboard. Once my background was created using the Quick-Fix Permanent Adhesive Runner by Helmar's, which is absolutely the best, I then adhered your chipboard to my background. For this, I used the Acid Free Glue. I decided to leave the black buttons as they were, but you could always replace them with mini photos or brads or even jewels.

There are so many other fun & creative ways to using your flower chipboard, to name a few, wall art, cover of a mini album, photo frame, or even a banner. The possibilities are endless.




9 comments:

Adrienne Pierce May 20, 2010 at 8:09 AM  

that is awesome! SO creative! Thanks for sharing!

Sheri May 20, 2010 at 8:43 AM  

Cindy! You're brilliant! Very creative, love it!

Renee May 20, 2010 at 10:04 AM  

What an awesome idea...I'd never think to use the space like that! Fabulous layout.

LisaDay May 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM  

This is seriously super cute!!

Olivia May 20, 2010 at 4:43 PM  

Beautiful layout & such a great idea :)

Stacy Cohen May 21, 2010 at 11:33 AM  

What a creative way to use the chipboard! I love this page!

Virginia May 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM  

Oh wow! So adorable! I so want to do this!

pamala June 1, 2010 at 6:41 PM  

Great use of negatives! I love using every smidge of product. :)

Post a Comment