Inspiration in Unexpected Places

>> Monday, May 24, 2010

Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Today I want to share a layout I made featuring the beautiful Lily Bee Lovely Collection.

When I saw the Lovely Collection for the first time, I immediately thought of this photo from our recent Caribbean cruise. I knew the Lovely Collection would perfectly compliment the deep ocean colors in the photo.


Interestingly enough, the idea for the design came from a wall display at my favorite store, Anthropologie. If you are anything like me, there are times when a little creative boost and some extra inspiration is needed. When I am in need of some inspiration, I love visiting my favorite scrapbook galleries (like the Lily Bee Ning site:), and I have also found that some of my favorite stores like Anthropologie, Crate and Barrel, and Pottery Barn, have great designs in their catalogues and wall displays. It is so much fun to find design inspiration in unexpected places!


In order to create this "mosaic look", I used a 1 inch square punch, and began punching many different squares from the patterned paper in the Lovely Collection. I then positioned the squares as a diamond mosaic, and trimmed the edge pieces in half to create a large square. I incorporated some kraft squares as my journaling spot. I used Helmar's Quick Fix Adhesive Runner to adhere all the squares in place. The Lovely chipboard, die cut, and the beautiful brown tulle flower from the French Couture collection completed the look.

Make sure you head over to the Lily Bee Ning site for some amazing inspiration. And next time you are out and about, remember to look around for some unexpected inspiration!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  May 24, 2010 at 5:10 AM  

This is just fabulous!

meganklauer May 24, 2010 at 11:34 AM  

WOW! This is amazing! Love the design!

Samantha May 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM  

jenni always works magic with paper and glue! Love this fresh look with Lily Bee!

iris May 26, 2010 at 8:16 AM  

love how you made a quilted look with the squares!

Post a Comment