Our Very First Guest Designer

>> Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lily Bee wants to welcome the fabulous Virginia Tillery to our blog!



You may recall that Virginia won our "Just Bee Me" mini album contest a while back.
Since she won, we have the pleasure of welcoming her as our very first guest designer. YAY!

We asked Virginia our favorite questions and here is what she had to say:


Must Have Scrapbook Supply? Patterned paper. I'm a paper junkie!

When & Why did you start scrapbooking? I started unofficially back in high school, but really got into it around the time I got married, 9 years ago. I went to a home party and was hooked right away. Give me paper and anything resembling office supplies and you've got me hook, line, and sinker!

Guilty Pleasures... reality (and I use that term loosely!) tv; a bubble bath with a magazine

Two things you want very badly at this moment? to give birth to this baby (I'm 34 weeks along!) and a Route 44 Cherry Limeade from Sonic

3 items that are in your purse.. my 4 year old daughter's notebook, my handmade planner, and a book about raising girls.

Favorite Scrapbook Technique or Style? I love anything distressed or layered.

When do you feel most creative? Late at night when the house is quiet and clean... maybe a little thunderstorm in the background and a few candles lit.

Do you snack while you scrapbook? If so what? Rarely, but I have to have my Diet Dr. Pepper by my side!

Do you have a scrapbook confession? I tend to save (and use) every scrap I can from my patterned papers. My trash can rarely has scraps in it!

Favorite Tv Shows? Big Brother, Survivor, the Bachelorette/Bachelor, Psych, the Office, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model and rockin' it old school style, Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Hey, I never claimed to have good taste! hee!)

Jobs you've had? Church secretary, Lifeguard, Camp Counselor, Pre-K teacher, and the best one of all, Mommy.

What are you listening to right now? My 4 year old and 3 year old playing in a tent in the living room.

Favorite thing about working with Lily Bee Design? I love that their papers have a good mix of bold colors with vintage influence. That is PERFECT for my style! Their rub ons pretty much rock the casbah!!


And now on to the realllllly good part...here are Virginia's gorgeous creations!!









Virginia, thank you SO much for sharing your amazing work with us this month. Your projects are a joy to see!

xoxo

15 comments:

Jill Oriente August 26, 2009 at 10:02 PM  

Oh my! Those are gorgeous! Congrats o your new little one that's on the way :)

Lisa August 27, 2009 at 6:47 AM  

YAY Virginia!! Every little thing is adorable - I love the tray the most, or maybe the layout with Sabriel at the door, well, heck - i love it all!

Michelle August 27, 2009 at 7:26 AM  

Oh my gosh, Virginia!! These are all gorgeous!! I love your style.. it is all so soft and pretty!!! Congratulations on your new little one on the way!!!

Lori Gentile August 27, 2009 at 8:25 AM  

Woah!!! STUNNING work, Virginia!!! Wow!

Erin August 27, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

beautiful stuff! love it!

Heather August 27, 2009 at 10:22 AM  

Gorgeous work Virginia! I love all the texture and girly-ness of your projects!

Jana Eubank August 27, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

I LOVE everything Virginia creates! And this is no disappointment! Gorgeous projects, V!!! ;)

Carol August 27, 2009 at 8:42 PM  

The tray is my fav. Just gorgeous!!

Ginny August 28, 2009 at 4:35 AM  

Proud mom looking on! Lily Bee! What a cute name!

Tina August 28, 2009 at 12:51 PM  

WTG V!!! I didn't know you were doing this. I guess I should blog read more and get off FB so much! Everything is GORGEOUS!!!!

Brenda Hurd August 28, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

wow - your projects are beautiful Virginia!!

Katie Burnett August 28, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

This work is FANTASTIC! Virge - brilliant as always. Love love love the altered items.

lovingmytwoboys August 28, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

Yay! Virginia! So awesome you are the first guest designer! Love your work as always!

roree August 31, 2009 at 3:26 PM  

Congrats, Virginia! Your work is gorgeous!

Post a Comment