The Best Dad

>> Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hello Lily Bee fans!  Patricia here, and I am so excited to be here today to share my layout with you.  My daughter is every bit a "Daddy's Girl," and this picture from our recent beach trip just captured the love between these two, even though it is an iPhone photo.
I wanted to create a fun, playful, and carefree layout about this special relationship.  I used the blue and green pattern papers with accents of red and tan.  The little touch of girliness in the fuchsia bow is just enough to pull out the pink my daughter is wearing. 

I used the Silhouette to cut out these tags at the top, as well as the tiny circles to give them a finished look.  I framed the photo with a cluster of stickers and a heart from the bag of bits. 
 I also wanted to have a list of why my daughter loves her Dad.  So after trimming off a piece of twine, not sure exactly how I was going to attach these numbered flags I cut with the Silhouette, I liked the look of it flowing loosely across the page.  So I decided to add more banner stickers to the twine.  The "You Make Me Happy" sticker I cut it apart before attaching.   For some added interest and dimension, "Happy Happy Joy Joy" sticker was attached with foam adhesive; the butterfly, I backed with pattern paper, so I could fold and attach with glue on the crease.
 I masked and misted just one section at the bottom with hearts I cut with the Silhouette, then used foam adhesive to attach the cut out hearts to create a border and a little more softness.  For the list, I asked my daughter why she loves her Dad (she's 3 1/2 almost 4), and I wrote exactly what she told me.  She was so excited to give me this list.  She has now been asking me why I love her...so sweet.  I used the numbers from the Double Dutch stamps, they were perfect for making this list at the bottom.  For the journaling, I wrote on top of an index journaling card, then cut it into strips to adhere where I wanted them. 
I am so glad to have this special relationship documented with this page.  

Lily Bee Supplies:
Patterned Paper:  Running Stitch, Sky Blue, Fat Quarter, Rag Quilt, Stationery Linen - Handmade, Sand, Key Lime Pie, Celery, Marmalade - Double Dutch, Grass - Victoria Park, Rain - Buttercup
6x6 Tiny Tablets:  Buttercup
ABC Cardstock Stickers:  Handmade and Buttercup
Cardstock Stickers:  Handmade and Double Dutch
Index Journaling Card:  Buttercup and Double Dutch
Stamps:  Double Dutch

11 comments:

Miriam Prantner June 5, 2012 at 4:42 AM  

This layout is adorable! LOVE the layered tags adn the vertical banners!

Anonymous,  June 5, 2012 at 5:57 AM  

This is gorgeous!!

~amy~ June 5, 2012 at 6:11 AM  

FABulous...I love this layout!!!!

Alex June 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM  

I am in love with this layout! So beautiful!

kristen June 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM  

I love it Patricia...simply stunning!

Deanna June 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

Oh I love this so much Patricia! Really, there's nothing I DON'T love about it, fabulous page!

Jessy Christopher June 5, 2012 at 5:29 PM  

Such a beautiful layout. Love allegory thing bout it!!

Stacey Michaud June 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM  

what a gorgeous, unique layout...I adore your work!!!

Post a Comment