You Sweet Girl!

>> Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hey everyone! It's Melissa here today to share a layout with you. I really love the new "Buttercup" collection. Yellows, blues, & grays are prominent in this collection and those colors just make me happy!



To create the foundation of my layout, I took a piece of white card stock and then started layering sheets of paper from the 6"x6" pad in the "Buttercup" collection. I used white gesso to help adhere the papers down and when I had all the paper where I wanted them, I swiped some more gesso over the top of all of the papers to give it a slight white washed effect. It helped tone down all of the patterns and colors I had used just a bit. In between some of the layers, I tucked in some index cards. I used my tiny attacher to help hold everything down.



At the top of the layout, I stapled down some twine and then used the pennant stickers from the "Buttercup" collection to create a banner across the length of the layout.

I placed my photo in the upper right quadrant of my layout. Directly underneath my photo, I first stamped some chevron lines in brown ink and then placed my title across the top. I placed a smaller subtitle underneath using the red ABC stickers from the "Handmade" collection. Lastly, I placed some die-cuts from the "Buttercup" collection randomly across my layout.

Lily Bee Supplies:
Pattern Paper: 6x6 Tiny Tablet
Stickers: Buttercup
Stamps: Buttercup
ABC Stickers: Handmade
Die-Cuts: Buttercup
Index Cards

Other Supplies:
Gesso
Tiny Attacher
Twine
Mist
Ink
Thickers

2 comments:

Susan / PaperCrafter's Corner May 22, 2012 at 5:43 AM  

Wow, that is beautiful! And I'm not even a dog person, LOL!

Julie Tucker-Wolek May 22, 2012 at 5:55 AM  

This is soooooo gorgeous Melissa! I love love love that photo, the banner and LOVING the different papers you used for the layered background!!

Post a Comment