Sketch Challenge #9, Take Two

>> Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sketches are a fabulous way to jump start your paper crafting projects. I know that when I'm not quite sure where to start, the first place I turn to is a file of sketches I keep on hand just for that purpose.

Today I have another take on Sketch #9. It's from Patricia and has plenty of room for embellishing.



I decided to put my own spin on the sketch. First I flipped it right to left, changed the photo shape to a rectangle and added in a fun color combo.

I'm pretty excited to have my daughter at home from university for the summer and that's what this layout is about. I've mixed together too Lily Bee lines to get a bright fresh look that makes me think of summer and bright and beautiful days together.



Now, we'd love to see YOUR take on this sketch! (And we'll pick one of your pages to win a lovely Lily Bee collection of goodies!)
Here are the rules to keep in mind:
1. Your layout must use at least two Lily Bee products
2. Post your layout to any gallery, or your blog and post the link here in this comment section. OR post your layout to our Facebook page. But not both, please.
3. Be sure and title your post "Lily Bee Sketch Challenge #9", so we can find it easily.
4. The deadline is Monday, May 14th at 9PM PT.
5. And of course, have fun!

Lily Bee Products
Pattern Paper:   Double Dutch - Key Lime Pie, Handmade - Patchwork, Running Stitch, Thimble
ABC Cardstock Stickers:  Double Dutch
Mixed Cardstock Stickers: Handmade & Double Dutch
Bits:  Handmade
Index Card:Handmade
Stamps:  Victoria Park,










7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek May 9, 2012 at 6:31 AM  

Wowwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the trims and loving the title work!!

Unknown May 9, 2012 at 2:13 PM  

So pretty, Julia! Great take on the sketch!

Ursula Schneider May 9, 2012 at 2:48 PM  

love your take Julia, and I can relate to having your DD home, mine is with me now for a bit longer and it's such a pleasure to have a married daughter return for a long visit.

Juliana Michaels 17turtles May 9, 2012 at 8:09 PM  

Wow! Love the sketch and your take on it!!!

Patricia Roebuck May 11, 2012 at 11:02 AM  

Beautiful take on the sketch! Love the colors too!

Post a Comment