Me and You Layout

>> Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Hi everyone, Kim here to share a new layout with you! I love using little journal cards and bits and pieces of paper to create my layouts. These little cards from the Victoria park and Handmade collections are just right for layering and creating a collage. They have some really great little designs on them as well. 


For this layout I chose to combine some of the cards with Green elements on them since green is a close runner up to being my favorite color! They are also a nice way to add a bit of a graphic element to your layout. 

Another element I wanted to add to my layout was a hand painted banner. I first cut my watercolor paper into different sized strips and then painted each one a different ombre shade of green to greenish blue and pink. I snipped the ends to create little banners and then sewed them together using ordinary sewing thread. 


I love the layered and messy effect of the sewn banner. To add a little more interest I backed a few of the banners with different pieces of patterned paper. 


This is a very simple way to create a layout with just a few elements. Thanks for stopping by today for a little inspiration! Have a great week everyone!

Kim 

Supplies used

Victoria park index journal cards
Buttercup index journal cards
Handmade index journal cards

Victoria park mixed cardstock stickers
Victoria park ABC cardstock stickers


5 comments:

Tricia May 30, 2012 at 6:34 AM  

this is just stunning!! love it!!

Patricia Roebuck May 30, 2012 at 8:27 AM  

So beautiful and so cool it is a Star Wars photo!

Ursula Schneider May 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM  

Girl, you have amazing skill with tags. This is gorgeous!

Jill May 31, 2012 at 12:31 PM  

Kim, this is a fantastic page! I LOVE your style.

bethchien June 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM  

love those colors and that banner rocks!!!!

Post a Comment