Spring Fun with Victoria Park

>> Friday, April 6, 2012

Hello, everyone.  Patricia here, and I am so excited to share my first project with you today using the gorgeous and vibrant colors from the Victoria Park Collection.

I cannot resist adding pops of color on top of a neutral background, especially for these spring photos of my daughter.


I was drawn to and started with the hexagons in Wortley Village.  Next I matted my photos twice with two pieces of pattern paper that were both soft in color and coordinated with the hexagons.  If you notice, I made the second matting on the main photo a little larger, mainly for added interest.

Then I added some fun, colorful layering under the photos.  Both sheets of pattern paper are from the 6x6 Tiny Tablet.  I loved the smaller patterns.  To add some texture and dimension, I tore one piece.  On the other piece, I used pinking shears (the kind for sewing, yes).  I cut the leaves using my die cutting machine to peek out a little.

I really love the frames on the reverse side of Princess Avenue, so I cut one out using a craft knife, colored it in with a metallic gold Sharpie poster paint pen.  Since the layout was about "trying" to catch a butterfly, I stamped the butterfly from Double Dutch onto Charcoal pattern paper, embossed in white, cut it out, and used foam adhesive to adhere.
 I wanted to keep the pops of color close to the photo, but felt like I wanted just a little extra on the neutral background.  Using the pennants from the cardstock stickers, I cut out a "V" shape.  I wanted them in different sizes, so then I trimmed the ends making them different lengths.

Loved the journaling card with "Flourish" and the bold colors from the flower, so tucked that under the photos at the top along with a few more hexagons.
 For more dimension and interest, I layered a cardstock sticker on top of pattern paper and cut it out.
Added a few more little details, like the "noted" stamp on the chipboard, the punched out butterflies with some stitching, a few extra smears of paint, and before adhering my photos, I inked the edges.

Hope you capture some amazing Spring fun this weekend.
Patricia


Lily Bee Supplies:

Victoria Park:  Princess Avenue, Hyde Park, Wortley Village, Charcoal, Covent Garden, Rasberry
Victoria Park 6x6 Tiny Tablet (Hyde Park and Grand Theatre)
Cardstock Stickers:  Victoria Park
Index Journaling Card:  Victoria Park
Stamp:  Double Dutch
ABC Cardstock Stickers:  Victoria Park

8 comments:

Unknown April 6, 2012 at 5:39 AM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE! all the mix of elements & textures, just LOVELY Patricia!!!!

Unknown April 6, 2012 at 11:08 AM  

Gorgeous layout, Patricia! Your daughter is so cute!

angie gutshall April 6, 2012 at 11:27 AM  

Gorgeous layout!! love all the color!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell April 6, 2012 at 3:51 PM  

This layout is breathtaking Patricia! I love hearing about your creative process too!

Becky April 6, 2012 at 11:42 PM  

I think my mouth may have dropped open when I saw this layout! Gorgeous!!!

Anonymous,  April 7, 2012 at 8:48 AM  

amazing!!!!!

Ursula Schneider April 8, 2012 at 10:18 AM  

Gorgeous page Patricia. Love all the layers and bits.

Post a Comment