Kites, Take 2

>> Friday, February 10, 2012

I made some simple paper kites for the Lily Bee booth this past CHA, and now I'm hooked! I also did a layout in which I cut out windows from the background paper and put the photos and other patterned paper underneath. Love that technique of using the negative space. It creates the coolest shadows. Of course that would be easier if I had a Silhouette... But, even without one, with a little patient and a craft knife, simple shapes can be easily cut.

So I put together my all time favorite technique, handsewing, with the negative space usage and kites and here's what I got! A layout about one of my weekend outings. My family and I are lucky to live very close to a beach, and pretty much year round beach weather. So when there's not much in our to-do list, we head over there with some kites. It makes for some good photos, but it's also a time to hang out, relax, talk about our dreams, and just be.





Lily Bee supplies:
Patterned Paper: Hopscotch/Double Dutch
Tiny Tablet: Buttercup
Index Journal Cards: Double Dutch

And the Buttercup collection was perfect for this layout. The colors are soft and breezy. (I did put in a pop of red from a Double Dutch journaling card.)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous,  February 10, 2012 at 10:31 AM  

wow, that stitched title is incredible!
~Natalie

Jenni February 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM  

this is ADORABLE. love it!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek February 10, 2012 at 9:32 PM  

Ohhhhhh wow wow wow!! This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeee all the hand stitching!

Anonymous,  February 12, 2012 at 2:43 PM  

fab page love how you stitched the title xx

LisaDay February 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM  

This page is awesome Linda! I love it!!!

Melissa February 12, 2012 at 10:02 PM  

Loved those kites! And the ones on this layout. And you need a Silhouette. Do you need me to enable you? Because I totally can.

Post a Comment