>> Thursday, February 16, 2012

If you are like me, sometimes at the end of a project or two you are met with heaps of scraps that hardly seem worth saving.  At the same time these papers are just to pretty to recycle, especially if they are Lily Bee papers.  My solution? Turn those scraps into cards.


Start with some strips of scraps patterned paper.  What i love about Lily Bee is that their lines always go together.  Here my leftovers consist of all 4 new releases.  I cut my strips into roughly 1/2" to 3/4" pieces.


Add your strips to the base of your card.  I like my strips kind of wonky so they will not always be even.  Some will go right to the edges too.  I trim as i go with scissors.


The card looks pretty good just as is.  In fact, when you have lots of strips, i would create a bunch of cards just like this and decide how you want to finish it off later.  You could add layers of sentiments, some embellishments, etc.  So many possibilities.


To finish my card i decided to use one of those punches that can go anywhere on the page.  I knew i wanted three hearts for my sentiment so i started on the left side.


To punch the next heart, i used the first opening to guide my next punch with was a bit lower and more centered on the card.  Repeat this step for the last heart.


I added a black stitch and then doodle in my hearts so they would pop more off the page.  Another option is to ink the interior rims of the hearts.


I finished the card by adding in my sentiment using those awesome abc stickers.  They are the perfect size.  I also tied a piece of baker's twine with a tiny key bring my design elements together.

7 comments:

Ryann February 16, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

Very cute! One of my favorite things to do is to use the negatives from punches/die cuts. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek February 16, 2012 at 3:00 PM  

Love love love love this idea Ronda! Sooooooo beautiful!! LOVING the paper strips and the hearts!!

Kris Berc February 16, 2012 at 5:31 PM  

How cute! That is really a great idea for using up scraps!

Post a Comment