An Extra Day!

>> Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Day! Today I'm celebrating by creating a layout that documents some of the activities I might partake in during this "extra" 24 hours!

One Extra Day  •  layout by Lisa Dickinson
Lily Bee supplies:
Patterned Paper: Pattern Block, Patchwork, Fat Quarter, Pink Lemonade, Running Stitch (Handmade); Linen (Stationery)
ABC Cardstock Stickers
Bag of Bits: Double Dutch
Index Journal Cards: Buttercup

My layout predominately features the new line Handmade, which should be in stores any day now! I created a diagonally-striped background by layering Pink Lemonade and Linen paper strips on a piece of cardstock, and trimming off the excess ends:
I added lots of layers in the form of patterned papers, punches, Instagram photos, and die cuts from the Bag of Bits. I also tucked an Index Journal Card in there for good measure!
My title is combination of ABC cardstock stickers + cardstock cut from my Silhouette. I adhered it with foam squares to add a bit of depth:

So what are you doing to celebrate this Leap Day?
 



4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek February 29, 2012 at 5:48 AM  

How fun! What a great idea to document the extra day!! I loveeeeeeeeeee this!! AWESOME stitching and design too!

Kerys February 29, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

What a gorgeous LO! I love the design and those papers are just FAB! I am spending my 'extra' day scrapping!! :-) Why not take advantage of another day to do what you like the most!! Have a great day :-) x

Mel Blackburn March 1, 2012 at 7:11 AM  

What a great idea for a layout! Fabulous.

Post a Comment