Pink and Black

>> Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Being the mother of a boy, I take advantage of any opportunity to scrap in pink.  So when my sister took this photo of me frocked up before a night out for dinner, how could I resist using a good serve of pink?  The blacks and greys in the layout balance out the dominating pink background.  The dash of blue just gives some contrast and zing.


An interesting fact (which is in the journalling around the photo mat) is that until recently it had been over 10 years since I had worn a dress.  

I have used mainly Head over Heals on this layout - but I did include the black polka dot and the steel blue from the halloween/fall range, Harvest Market!  I love how they just all work together perfectly.


The butterflies have been punched from the same pink paper as the background but I have used the reverse side which is a fine ledger style print.  These coordinating dot/ledger prints that came with the recent releases are so useful.  I love a patterned paper background and the polka dot print is a favorite for me.


Again I have utilized the ABC stickers to form part of my title, which allows me to have a longer and more meaningful title that if I had only used large letters.

Lilybee supplies
Head Over Heels Smitten
Head Over Heels Courting
Head Over Heels Bubblegum
Head Over Heels ABC Stickers
Harvest Market Black Licorice


So are you a mother of only boys?  Do you take the opportunity to lash out with pink when you can?

Cheers



5 comments:

Aphra Bolyer January 17, 2012 at 10:50 AM  

Beautiful layout, Kim! And yes as a mother of only boys, I still use pink. On their pages, too. Pink cheeks, Easter, black and white photos -- whenever I can. :)

Kris Berc January 17, 2012 at 2:11 PM  

This is beautiful! I love the pink :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek January 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM  

Just gorgeous! I loveeeeeeee that photo of you, the border punches and loving the butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown January 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM  

Fabulous layout, Kim! You look gorgeous!

LauraLee January 24, 2012 at 6:40 AM  

This layout is so pretty! Love the border punch and all of the little details! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment