Studio Peek - Georgia Keays

>> Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hi Everyone, Georgia here to answer some questions from the lovely Linda about myself and my scrap space:


1. Do you have a dedicated scrap space?
Um, sort of... Just under 5 years ago we moved into our dream home where we plan to stay until our kids move out. We spent many months thinking, planning and trying to cover every possible scenario to come up with a design which would suit us for the next 20 years. Six months after we moved in I started scrapping and it's been musical rooms ever since.

Last month when Linda first asked me to share some photos my space I was using the study...


which left my husband, who does quite a bit of work from home, in the games room in the noisiest part of the house. The kids are getting older now so we have decided to turn the playroom into a scrapbooking / homework room for the kids and I to share and my husband can have his study back!

This is the playroom at the moment, I'm really excited about getting it set up.



2. When do you scrap?
I'm almost exclusively a night scrapper. Normally a couple of times a week I'll sit down after the kids are in bed and scrap until the wee hours. If I'm lucky I can sometimes squeeze in a bit of scrap time on the weekends too.

3. Would you say you are a fast or slow scrapper?
Definitely slow. A single layout will take me around 4 or 5 hours to complete.

4. How do you organise your stash?
I sort all my paper by manufacturer and then by collection and my embellishments by type. I have this weird ability to remember not only which manufacturer and line each embellishment belongs to but also when and where I bought it. I'm pretty sure that and old song lyrics account for around 90% of my memory.

5. Do you listen to music while you scrap?
I can't scrap without music but I MUST have dead silence when I am journalling.

6. What is your dream travel destination?
I love to travel, pretty much anywhere will do - so long as I need my passport I'm happy!

7. What SuperHero power would you like to have?
What I really want is a cone of silence like they had on Get Smart. I have three gorgeous, beautiful, LOUD children so a few moments of quiet now and then would be lovely.

8. Favourite colour combo?
Probably yellow and navy blue - with black of course!

9. Perfect weekend?
Spent with family around the pool.

10. Favourite family picture?
I'm really bad about getting in from of the camera so I don't have a pic of us all together but this is a recent one of the kids I like.


11. Favourite Lily Bee layout?
This is a really old layout but still one of my favourites.


12. Is there one last thing you'd like to share?
I'm always a bit intimidated when I see pictures of scrap studios because I am a very messy scrapper. Just in case anyone else feels the same I thought I'd share a photo of my scrap desk right now...


I hope it makes someone feel better about their own!

Thanks Linda, that was fun! I'll make sure to take some more photos to share once I have my new space set up - before it gets too messy!

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek December 28, 2011 at 5:49 AM  

Fun photos!!! Loved reading more about Georgia! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Unknown December 28, 2011 at 3:23 PM  

So happy you shared! Your space has such beautiful light. Wish I lived nearby so I could come watch you scrap. Yes, WATCH! I'm constantly wowed by your work.

Melissa December 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM  

I LOVE that you shared your desk the way it is. Mine is never clean. You'll have to do photos again when you get into your new space. :)

Lynn December 29, 2011 at 7:01 PM  

yep, that looks familiar! I'm a pretty messy scrapper too, but I always know where everything is! well, most of the time anyway!

mn36 December 29, 2011 at 10:44 PM  

Messy scrap table is a must! My husband does not understand that when the rest of the house has to be neat.
Looking forward to seeing your re invented scrap room when you are moved in.

Post a Comment