Focus On: Halloween. Mostly.

>> Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween! Since we moved a few months ago, I was totally unprepared for it. I have no idea where my sewing machine is, so I'm recycling a costume for my six year old. The middlest and the biggest are not getting dressed up. Something about being too old for that... Not sure what that means. Because I love a good costume myself.

So in honor of today's festivities, we asked our designers to come up with Halloween related projects. But what if you don't celebrate Halloween? Not to worry. We've got you covered!
Patterned Paper: Harvest Market: Black Licorice
Tiny Tablet: Harvest Market
Mixed Cardstock Stickers: Harvest Market
Other: Kraft diecut; Trinket pin; Fabric flowers; Black trim; Black paint; Tissue paper

Ronda shares step-by-step details on how to make these fun hats:
I found this great paper mache hat at a craft store and thought It would make a perfect Halloween center piece. I glued tissue paper to the cone of the hat to give it some texture and then painted the whole hat black.  I traced the brim of the hat on the Black Licorice paper and glued it to the hat. I used a circle scallop punch to punch out the happy Halloween and attached it to a kraft diecut. The mixed cardstock stickers were the perfect touch to the base of the hat. I used the tiny tablet paper to create the paper flower to accompany the other flowers. Lastly I added a star pin on top to complete the piece.  

Harvest Market: Black Licorice, Pumpkin Seeds, Peach Crisp, Squash, 6x6 Tiny Tablet, ABC Stickers, Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Memorandum: Timeclock, Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Harvest Market Papers:  Hayride, Black LIcorice, Turtleneck, Peach Crisp, Harvest Blue
Harvest Market Tiny Tablet
Harvest Market Mixed Cardstock Stickers
Harvest Market ABC Stickers
Harvest Market Index Journaling Cards


And Georgia Keays created a beautiful, Fall-ish, non-Halloween layout.
Patterned Papers:
Memorandum-Payday; Harvest Market-Pumpkin Seed and Black Licorice
Index Journaling: Harvest Market
ABC Stickers: Harvest Market

Remember you still have a few days to enter our sketch challenge. More info here.

Thanks for coming by today. If you are going out later tonight, be safe and have fun! See you back tomorrow.

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek October 31, 2011 at 6:17 AM  

Wow wowwwwwwwww!! These are all GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Jean Franks Beck November 4, 2011 at 5:10 AM  

Love the Halloween hat, and the layouts are beautiful!

Post a Comment