Accessorizing!!!

>> Tuesday, August 24, 2010

In the fashion world, everyone says that accessories "make" the outfit. Accessories add sparkle, texture, and detail. I believe the same is true when creating a layout-- accessories bring life to the canvas.

Today, my layout features the Accessories of the Lily Bee Lovely Line. I decided to challenge myself to use very little patterned paper (since that's my "go-to" item) and only use the Lily Bee Lovely Rub-ons, Die-Cut Frames, and Chipboard Stickers.


First, I began this layout by misting the cardstock, and then I added the Lovely Rub-Ons. I love the genuine quotes on the rub-ons. They perfectly match the photos of my daughter and the message I was wanting to convey to her.

Knowing that my photos would be on the right-side of the page, I added the rub-ons mostly in the center of the layout (leaving some open spaces behind the photo spots). Here is what it looked like after the rub-ons were in place:


After I applied the rub-ons, I measured and drew a square around the layout (as a guide) and added the stitching. After I stitched the layout, I added the Die Cut (which is cut in half), and then my photos.


Once the photos were in place, I added masking tape, staples, and Lily Bee Chipboard accents. I knew the layout needed a "soft" element, so I added an organza bow and allowed the "tail" to "float" down the page. Helmar's Adhesive Runner was perfect in achieving this look without adding any visible residue. I added very little adhesive behind certain parts of the ribbon's "tail" to keep it secured to the page.


Finally, I punched small butterflies from the Lovely patterned paper collection (ok, i couldn't resist, i had to use a little pattern paper :), and backed the bow with a scallop circle punched from the Lily Bee Packaging!

Last but certainly not least, I added the journaling. The rub-on quotes inspired me to write to my daughter about enjoying the simple things of life-- and always embracing a child-like heart.

I hope this post inspires you to get out your Lily Bee stash and focus on the accessories!!

10 comments:

beckyjune August 24, 2010 at 5:16 AM  

This is so beautiful. I really like how you used the rub-ons as the backdrop for your page.

MichelleB August 24, 2010 at 6:02 AM  

This is gorgeous! Love the rub-ons and misting!

Random Acts of Krafting August 24, 2010 at 6:27 AM  

This is wonderful. I have to say my FAVORITE rubons are LilyBee's 12x12. They have made it so easy to add journalling to my pages.
Hugs
Tanya

Anonymous,  August 24, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Wow!!! I just love this look!

Samantha August 24, 2010 at 8:55 AM  

Oh Miss Jenni~ this is so pretty to look at. Love the way you used all those gorgeous rub ons. The pics of your daughter are too sweet for words. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Ania August 24, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

Absolutely adorable :)

nancy August 24, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Love love love the rub ons + mist... beautiful!

Unknown August 25, 2010 at 6:45 AM  

LOVE LOVE your layout & what a cool idea too Jenni! Awesomeness :D

Post a Comment