Hello Sunshine...with a patriotic flare?!

>> Wednesday, July 7, 2010

why, yes!



After my family's trip to Washington D.C. this past weekend, I wanted to jot down these thoughts that my daughter had before i forgot them. So I pulled out Hello Sunshine and got to work!

This line is PERFECT for so many uses...but I love that I used it on this 'kinda patriotic' layout, while it isn't themey at all. While at the Smithsonian American History Museum, Allie had the chance to stand at the President's podium and address the nation...telepromptor, bright lights and all. So after I snapped a quick photo, I asked her what she would do if she were President for a day...and the journaling on the right of the page is what she came up with. :)

Quick note: don't be afraid to chop up those die-cuts! I cut the yellow one here in half and then used it as a base for my title...the black letters stood out a bit better on the yellow than on the red.

And don't hesitate to use products in 'different' ways...who would have ever thought Hello Sunshine could be patriotic?!


8 comments:

Jenni July 7, 2010 at 7:45 AM  

I LOVE this layout! What a great design, photo, and topic to document!!!

Angela W July 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

This is a cute layout, Nicole!

Suz July 7, 2010 at 10:59 AM  

Great layout!

I agree with you the diecuts are even more fantastic when cut apart AND you get more for your money using them on multi projects.... win win in my book

Sarah Mullanix July 7, 2010 at 11:18 AM  

Love this LO, and what a cool pic!!

Jill July 7, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

Cutting up the die-cuts was a great idea -- the title really does stand out. Cute pic!

my paper love studio July 7, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

love this! and what a moment to capture :)

Julie Bonner July 7, 2010 at 8:50 PM  

What a fabulous layout - love what you did with the die-cuts!!

Brenda Hurd July 7, 2010 at 10:26 PM  

super cute - the journaling is so cute too!

Post a Comment